|“||The time for talk is over. Good hunting, and may the Light of Aether guide your aim!||”|
A-Voq was the Guardian of Torvus Temple during the Luminoth-Ing War. Not much is known about this Luminoth, except for the fact he or she was a well-educated scribe, very good in the complicated Luminoth language, and that he or she died after fending off numerous attempts at Ing possession in Torvus’ temple, probably due to the sheer numbers of the invading Ing. A-Voq later appeared to Samus Aran through a Luminoth holoprojector, providing information that helped her defeat the Ing of Dark Torvus Bog and updating her Translator Module to scan emerald holograms. After Samus returns the Light of Aether to the Torvus Temple, A-Voq's hologram briefly reactivates, and has him bowing respectfully towards Samus from behind in gratitude for restoring the temple before fading away for good.
Subject Luminoth has been dead for 1.2 decacycles. In addition to heavy combat damage, subject shows signs of numerous Ing possession attempts - all failed. Resisting these assaults would require incredible stamina and psychic durability."
- Seeker Launcher
- "The missile launcher of our last champion was a potent weapon. It had the ability to hit multiple targets at once. Claim this weapon from its sacred vault."
- Gravity Boost
- "Our champion used a device that made moving through liquid like moving through air.
The Ing have taken it. If you wish to explore Torvus freely, you will take it from them!"
- Dark Visor
- "Our champion wore a visor that pierced the veil of Dark Aether's eternal night.
Take it back from the Ing. Let no darkness slow your mighty hand."
- A-Voq is the only sentinel of the Luminoth to not show Samus a holographic model of something when talking to her.
- A-Voq, like the other temple Sentinels, will give Samus hints about what power-up she requires next, should she activate the hologram again. A-Voq provides hints about the Seeker Launcher, Gravity Boost and Dark Visor.
| Guardian of Torvus Temple