The Accursed Lake is a room in the Sky Temple Grounds. It appears in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Most of this room is covered in Dark Water, one of only four such rooms outside of the Dark Torvus Bog (the other three being Feeding Pit, Double Path and to a lesser extent Dark Oasis of Dark Agon Wastes). One Light Beacon and one platform on the water are present in the room. Several Dormant Ingclaw can also be seen. A Flying Ing Cache and a Sky Temple Key, the Key of J-Fme, are present in this room.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
- 2 Hunter Ing
- "Morphology: Hunter Ing
- Elite warriors of the Ing Horde
- Phasing shapeshifter. Deadly in close combat. Dislikes bright light."
Items[edit | edit source]
- Key of J-Fme
- Floating over the Dark Water in the Flying Ing Cache.
Scans[edit | edit source]
- Flying Ing Cache
- "Morphology: Flying Ing Cache
- Flying bearer unit of the Ing Horde.
- Creature ingests objects of value to the Hive. Only its death will release the object within."'
- Dormant Ingclaw
- "Morphology: Dormant Ingclaw
Hibernating impervious darkling.
Target encased in impervious shell. Currently in hibernetic stasis."
- Unknown biomass
- "Object scan complete.
- Object is composed of nutrient-grade biomatter, protected by thick exobarrier and tensile webbing. Possible source of nourishment for local bioforms."
- Light Beacon
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Beacon
Generates protective field when energized.
Light Beacons must be energized by Beam weapon fire to function, and remain charged for a limited time."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If one looks closely behind the mass of Dormant Ingclaws blocking access to the already inaccessible Dark Splinter Hive area, there will be a wall of Mutated Ingworms covered over the tunnel entrance (and covering an otherwise Empty Door). This wall of Mutated Ingworms is unscannable.