Complete Map of Alinos: 
A barren and volcanic world, Alinos was once lush, thriving and full of life. For millennia it was home to the Alimbics, a highly advanced race who built a vast civilization on the planet and harnessed its molten core for geothermal energy. Alinos may even have been the capital of Alimbic civilization, as the Council Chamber where the Alimbic Order of Elders gathered is located in the cities of the planet.
However, the Alimbics' reign came to a violent end when a mysterious entity known as Gorea crashed into the planet; all that now remains of their race are crumbling buildings and the cannon used to seal Gorea. Alinos' environment and ecosystem were devastated when the planet's molten core exploded, leaving it in its current state as a lava-filled wasteland nearly devoid of life.
Alinos' shattered crust is intertwined with countless cracks and fissures, exposing the planet's molten core, which constantly spews upward jets of lava. Various ruins of the ancient Alimbic civilization have survived the planet's violent past, but many lie in a state of disrepair. It is a barren world, with most of its flora and fauna presumably being wiped out by the explosion of the planet's core. Zoomers, War Wasps, Blastcaps and poisonous Weeds are among the few species hardy enough to survive Alinos' post-catastrophe environment.
- Psycho Bit v1.0
- Psycho Bit v3.0
- War Wasp
- Alimbic Turret v1.0
- Fire Spawn
- Magma Voldrum
- Ice Voldrum
- Slench 2A
- Slench 2B
- Cretaphid v3
- Cartograph Artifact x2
- Attameter Artifact x2
- Binary Subscripture Artifact x2
- Energy Tank x2
- Missile Expansion x3
- UA Expansion x2
- Octolith x2
"The once-beautiful planet of ALINOS, home to the ALIMBIC ELDERS, has fallen into disrepair since the explosion of the planet's core."
Alinos (The Volcanic Ruin)
"This planet's ulta-high temperature once provided power for an Alinos city. In the ruins, visible reminders of their civilization can be seen."
- The theme of Alinos contains a similar beat to the Chozo Ruins theme from Metroid Prime. Later areas of Alinos feature a unique, somber theme. Multiplayer stages set on Alinos use a fast-paced theme with vocals.
- Spire and Weavel are first encountered on Alinos - the former being encountered while searching for the Octolith, and the latter during Samus' first escape sequence from the planet.
- Spouts of fire shoot up through the lava in rooms featuring it. This feature was present in Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion as well, although these features cause damage on contact, while the Hunters version is entirely harmless.
- The logbook entry for Alinos states it became a barren world when it's core exploded. However, this would be impossible as if it's core exploded, then Alinos would explode with it. The reason it became barren is therefore likely because of the Alimbics' war with Gorea.
|Known Areas||Tetra Galaxy • Alimbic Cluster • Celestial Archives • Alinos • Vesper Defense Outpost • Arcterra|
|Characters||General Almiiak • Arctherus • Gorea|
|Creations||Psycho Bit • Voldrum • Alimbic Turret • Quadtroid • Crash Pillar • Oubliette • Octolith • Alimbic Artifact • Slench • Cretaphid • Stronghold Void (Portal) |
Alimbic Cannon • Omega Cannon • Universal Ammunition • Seal Sphere • Technology • Colored Panels
|Miscellaneous||Language • Tetra Border Wars • Hubs • Objects (Minor) • "Ultimate Power"|
|Planets visited in the Metroid series|
|Other locations visited in the Metroid series|
|Planets in the Metroid series|
|Bilium | Oormine II | Tallon IV | Twin Tabula | Zebes|
|Alinos | Arcterra|
|Aether | Dark Aether|
|Federation Solar System|
|Bryyo | Elysia | Norion|
|Unknown Solar System|
a.k.a. Planet SN-883 or Urtraghus ("large booty")
|SR388's solar system|
|SR388 | "SR387"|
|Earth | Jupiter|
|Excelcion | Talvania | Bion|
|Outlaw | Maru | Agricultural world | Jatsuk | Ocean world |
Graveyard planet | Galactic ruins
|2466 URSA | Bes III | Devon III | Daiban | Demon Planet | Degrade |
Jamoru | Jasdam | Jigrad | K-2L | Kankei | Liberty
Mondreus | Naishii | Nest | RX 338 | Solairon 12 | Tivus | Vho | ZDR