This article is about the Ammo Station mechanism. For information on the room, see Ammo Station (Dark Torvus Bog).
Ammo Stations restore all of Samus's ammunition, including Beam Ammo, Missile Ammo and Power Bomb Ammo. They do not restore Energy. Ammo Stations appear in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid: Samus Returns, though there were Missile Stations and Recharge Stations in some games as well.
In Samus Returns, they are called Ammo Recharge Stations which where apparently created by the Chozo that once inhabited SR388. They appear identical to Energy Recharge Stations, although they glow red and not purple. Additionally they have their own map icon. An Ammo Recharge Station is the first Station encountered in Samus Returns.
Official data[edit | edit source]
Metroid: Samus Returns website[edit | edit source]
- "These mysterious machines let you recharge your energy or ammo, save your progress, or travel quickly between areas—but you must locate them first!"
Metroid: Samus Returns manual[edit | edit source]
"Fully restores Samus's ammunition."
- Inhabitants & Eco System of SR388 - Chozo Relics (p. 24)
- Recharge Stations (Energy and Ammo)
- "How this ancient technology works is a mystery to all life forms in the galaxy, but we know one thing for sure: your Chozo-crafted Power Suit both activates it and benefits from it. Stepping into a Recharge Station refills either all your health or all your ammunition. You find these stations just about everywhere, which helps take the edge off some of the planet's more dangerous corners."
- Walkthrough - Ammo Recharge Stations (p. 35)
- "The Chozo who inhabited this planet long ago set up all sorts of devices that interact with your Power Suit. You can use these devices to refill ammo and health. Ammo Recharge Stations like this one are few and far between, but vital to surviving this hostile environment. Stand on the lit platform for a second or two to activate it, which allows you to refill all of your missiles. There are also purple Energy Recharge Stations that refill your health. These are even more vital, so don't be afraid to venture off the beaten path to reach one if you're low on health. It could mean the difference between success and death."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interesting to note is that in Echoes, Ammo Stations only appear in Dark Aether: Ing Cache 3 of the Dark Agon Wastes, Ammo Station of the Dark Torvus Bog and Hive Ammo Station and Hive Cache 1 of the Ing Hive. One exception that could be considered is Samus' Ship in the Landing Site (although it saves her progress and restores her health as well).