The Arboretum is a room in Metroid Prime. It is a very large room with a huge Cyrlic tree in the center, around which platforms and bridges lead to the top of the room. Before Flaahgra has been defeated, the water on the floor, while shallow, is poisoned and harmful to Samus; she can move over it using some platforms. Two War Wasp Hives are attached to the tree, and the wasps will attack when Samus gets near. There are four Runic symbols that Samus Aran must scan to access Sunchamber Lobby through the Door at the top. Behind this barrier is a block of Sandstone, which, once destroyed with a Bomb, reveals a Morph Ball tunnel.
- Arboretum Access (via Missile Door Lock)
- Gathering Hall Access (via Missile Door Lock)
- Sunchamber Lobby (via Missile Door Lock)
- 4 Reaper Vines
- Venom Weed
- 2 War Wasp Hives (release War Wasps)
- 3 Chozo Ghosts (after collecting the Ice Beam)
- Runic symbol
- "This runic symbol has been activated. Four runic symbols in this room must be activated."
- Cyrlic tree
- "Vast portions of tree's cellular structure have been consumed by toxins distributed through source water."
- "Overwhelming toxin levels have rotted all leaves."
- "Structural weakness detected in Sandstone block."
- "This decorative gate is obstructing passage through the doorway. Four runic symbols adorn its surface. Matching symbols within this room must be scanned to gain access here."
- Runic symbol (covered with Venom Weed)
- "Analysis suggests the presence of a runic symbol here."
- Water (toxic)
- "Toxicity levels critical. Contact with contaminated water extremely hazardous."
- "Walls appear to have been constructed with extreme delicacy around tree limbs."
- The name "Arboretum" seems to derive from the Latin word "Arbor", which stands for "Tree".