In both games, this is a long hallway that stretches across the lower half of Kraid's Lair, ultimately leading to the boss himself.
In Metroid, the room is similar to other horizontal corridors in Kraid's Lair. Its walls and ceiling consist of spherical blue tiles, and much of the floor is engulfed in a lake of acid. Samus must cross the room using multiple midair platforms. A group of pillars, fanned out as if they were steps, are present near the left side; atop the center pillar is a Missile Tank. Near the exit on the right is a wide platform in the acid with a single Air Hole spawning Geegas. The room is infested with enemies, but is one of several paths Samus can take to get to Kraid.
In Zero Mission, the room's appearance has been significantly changed, but it remains an optional route to Kraid. Like much of Kraid's Lair, its walls are now purple. The acid has been removed, but the floor now has a large pit in between two raised floors. Above the pit is the Missile Tank, contained in between a line of Pit Blocks and a zip line on the ceiling. The zip line is blocked by three Boost Block barricades on the ceiling, which can be destroyed by using Morph Ball launchers hidden in the floor directly under each barricade. The launchers themselves are under Bomb Blocks. A fourth Morph Ball launcher can be found further to the right, which launches Samus up to the zip line. It will automatically carry her to the left, and she will collect the Missile Tank along the way, before dropping through the Pit Blocks back into the pit below.
- "Drain" (via Red Hatch in Metroid, Blue Door in Zero Mission)
- "Pit Block shaft" (Metroid/Zero Mission) (via Blue Door)
- Missile Tank
- See above.
- 094 missile tank (pg. 47)
- "There are three small barricades on the ceiling of the long corridor that runs to the area's left edge. Bomb the floor under the barricades to reveal launchers, then rocket up to clear away the blocks. You'll also have to clear away the enemies.
- You'll find another launcher under the sliding apparatus on the right end of the corridor. Use it to propel yourself to the apparatus, then ride in ball form to the left end of the corridor to collect a Missile Tank."