The Battleground is a room in the Dark Agon Wastes in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The room contains a Dark Temple Key within a Safe Zone in the middle of the room. When Samus first enters this Safe Zone, a Warrior Ing steals the Key. Samus combats it and 5 other Warrior Ing to acquire the Key.
There are invisible platforms that can be accessed from the upper ledge that lead across the top of the room. They are visible with the Dark Visor.
- 6 Warrior Ing (max 2 at any time)
- "Morphology: Warrior Ing
The soldiers of the Ing Horde.
Shapeshifting wallcrawler. Dangerous combatant in melee and at range. Dislikes bright light."
- Flying Ing Cache
- "Morphology: Flying Ing Cache
- Flying bearer unit of the Ing Horde.
- Creature ingests objects of value to the Hive. Only its death will release the object within."
- Dark Agon Temple Key 3
- Samus must defeat all the Warrior Ing.
- Key of J-Stl
- The Dark Visor will reveal some invisible platforms. Samus must use them to reach the other side, and then defeat the Flying Ing Cache.
- "Morphology: Bladepod
Living storage units of the Ing Horde.
These Ing morph their bodies around useful items to protect them. They rely on larger Ing for protection."
- "Morphology: Ingclaw
Toxin-spewing immobile darkling.
Target surrounded by impenetrable shell. Produces deadly vapor."
- Ing Webtrap
- "Morpholgy: Ing Webtrap
Semi-sentient living snares.
Creature is virtually indestructible, and can only be undone by killing the Ing that commands it."
- This is the only room in the game with two temple keys, the Sky and the Dark Temple Keys.
- This may be the origin for the name "Battleground", as whenever Samus enters the room, Warrior Ing appear, probably to defend both of the keys.
- The room is also the location of the only encounter with Ing Webtraps.