Like much of the Main Sector, this room has suffered significant damage, with noticeable dents in the floors and walls and tears in gratings and ventilation ducts. Green fluid and what appear to be Kihunter webs can be seen splattered on the floors and walls of the entire room. It consists of an upper deck area with large platforms as steps, and a large lower area. These platforms appear to have been ripped in half.
The upper deck has two levels. To get back up to the top, there is a shaft off to the right, blocked by a grating. It can be raised by shooting a sensor, to leave enough room to squeeze under with the Morph Ball, and ascend with the ledges inside the shaft. There is an inaccessible hatch on the first level of the upper catwalk. Part of the back wall of the bottom chamber is exposed, allowing Samus to see behind it, but she cannot access this area and all that is present are two pipes.
When Samus first enters the room, she is ambushed by a Reo in a scripted encounter, and knocked off of the main ledge to the area below, confronted by a swarm of Reos. After clearing them out, she uses the sensor to get back up to the top. While ascending to the next level of the room, Samus is ambushed by more Reos through holes in the walls. She is not required to defeat these.
The room is entered from an unremarkable corridor that connects it to the Cargo Hold, where Samus first encounters the 07th Platoon shortly after arriving on the BOTTLE SHIP. It leads into another such corridor with Skrees.
- Reos (12 in scripted battle, 11 free-form)
- 6 Geemers (4 under the floor)
- 2 Super Zebesians (countdown only)
- Missile Tank
- Requires Bombs to be authorized. Samus can bomb a small panel in the floor to open it up, and roll underneath the floor to reach the tank. However, four Geemers will spawn under the floor after she collects it.
- ^ Metroid: Other M Premiere Edition, page 41: "Follow the Galactic Federation soldiers deeper into the BOTTLE SHIP. As you proceed down the corridor, you encounter your first enemy! A Reo zooms in from the left and knocks you down the catwalk to the grating below, where the rest of the swarm waits."