|“||Find the coin chest!||„|
—Message displayed on-screen
A coin chest is a container exclusive to Bounty Mode in the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Multiplayer mode. During a match, a Coin Chest will randomly appear in one of several set locations around the battlefield (sometimes multiple Coin Chests will spawn at once or in a row). When destroyed, as the name implies, the chest releases 5 Aqua Coins simutaneously in a scattered fashion. Visually, it resembles a black pedestal with four points and four blue diamonds on them, below each point, constantly spinning. Red-blue smoke emanates from the chest, and a Screw Attack symbol that is blue with a black border spins in its own direction as well. Contestants in the match are often driven to fight each other over the chests in order to gain the most amount of coins.
A Coin Chest has only 5HP and can be destroyed by a variety of weaponry.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Sidehopper Station x5 : One each can be found on top of the 'leg joints' on both sides, One each at the entrances of both 'legs', One at the top center of the roof (the head).
- Spider Complex x2 : Far right corner of Spider Ball Track on wall,
- Crossfire Chaos x3 : One in the center of stage directly underneath the Super Missile, One near each Randomizer on the Map.
- Shooting Gallery x3 : Two hovering above Dark Water near the corner entrance (one each in the blue hall and in the red hall), one in the center of the stage near the bottom of the Vigilance Class Turret.
- Pipeline x1 : One in front of the computer near the Randomizer.
- Spires x2 : One in the center of the larger island (with two cannons) directly under a Kinetic Orb Cannon's landing pad, One located between a Randomizer and a wall on the smaller island.