Return of SamusEdit
In Return of Samus, Samus drops into the Dark Chamber from an opening on the left side of the roof. The Dark Chamber, as its name implies, is completely engulfed in total darkness; the only things visible in this room are Samus, her weapons, a Missile Tank, and a bit of light shining through the two openings in the roof. Samus must navigate the room in her Morph Ball, using her weapons to break through hidden blocks in her path; a trail of Bombs can be used to help track her position. If Samus can exit the chamber through the opening on the right side of the roof, she will find an Energy Tank underneath a Metroid Husk.
In the remake Samus Returns, the Dark Chamber is locked behind a Green Hatch. It is now fully-illuminated, featuring ornate structures and some vegetation overgrowth. After rolling through a narrow passage in her Morph Ball, Samus drops through a floor of Pit Blocks and finds a corridor lined with spikes and red plants. She can safely bypass these hazards by using the Grapple Beam (to pull herself towards Grapple Points) and the Spider Boost, netting herself an Energy Tank and Power Bomb Tank. A Pit Block on the far left side of the room deposits Samus outside the tower.
- Missile Pod
- In Return of Samus, Samus can easily obtain the Missile Pod by simply dropping straight down into the Dark Chamber, breaking through a couple of blocks with her weapons, and then rolling to the right in her Morph Ball.
- Energy Tank
- In Samus Returns, after falling through the Pit Blocks, Samus must use the Grapple Beam to pull herself to the first Grapple Point and avoid the spikes and red plants, then roll to the right in her Morph Ball to obtain the Energy Tank.
- Power Bomb Tank
- In Samus Returns, after using the Grapple Beam on the first Grapple Point, Samus must execute a Spider Boost to launch herself to the left side of the room and collect the Power Bomb Tank.
Nintendo Power Volume 37Edit
- PHASE 7: GRAND CAVERN (pg. 51)
- DARK CHAMBER
- "If you can get through the unlit section of this cavern, you'll be able to collect a Missile and an Energy Tank. Create Bombs as you roll and break away the blocking rocks. Also, try to use the Spider Ball to climb narrow, vertical passages."
|Rooms in SR388|
|Area 1||Vertical chamber • Power Up Cavern • Arena area of Chozo base|
|Area 2||Arachnus' room • Alpha Metroid chamber • Alpha's chamber|
|Area 3||Three tower corridors|
|Area 4||"Octroll Lake"|
|Area 5||Water-filled room (lower/middle) • Grand Cavern • Zeta's chamber • Dark Chamber|
|Area 7||Chozo Tower • Final Omega's chamber|
|Area 8||Liquid-filled hall • "First Metroid passage" • "Queen's nest access" • Queen's nest • "Egg chamber"|