Deck Beta Security Hall is a room in the Frigate Orpheon in Metroid Prime. It is a simple hall that only contains an Auto Defense Turret. Because this is the first of its kind encountered in the game, Samus is told how to use Missiles, and that they are effective in this scenario.
The room becomes completely submerged after the frigate's crash, and becomes infested with Aqua Reapers. Also, because of the angle that the frigate crashed at, the entire passageway is tilted. There are glass shards that can be seen floating throughout the hall.
- 1 Auto Defense Turret
- "Subject >> Auto Defense Turret
Use Missiles to break outer casing."
- "Ballistics support needed in Specimen Block F."
- "Entrance to Biotech Research Area 1"
- "Entrance to Biohazard Containment"
- The pre-crash version of this room contains an Interface Module which can shut down the Auto Defense Turret, but the hologram is placed outside of the room's walls, making it impossible to see or scan without using Hidden Worlds. This change was likely made in order to force the player to use missiles.