- This article is about the room in the Celestial Archives. For other uses, see Docking Bay (Disambiguation).
The Docking Bay is a room on the Celestial Archives. It appears in Metroid Prime Hunters. The Docking Bay has three levels, each outfitted with ports for a different Alimbic type of spaceship. On Level 1, ports for Alimbic heavy-cargo starfreighters are built. On Level 2, ports for Alimbic medium-range transports have been made. On Level 3, ports for Alimbic passenger carriers have been constructed.
The Space Decay theme begins playing in this room.
This room is directly outside the Transfer Lock in the Celestial Archives, which is connected to this one by the titular Docking Bays (although they are sealed during the events of Hunters and can only be passed using Portals). Upon entering for the first time, Samus is attacked by a Guardian. Once she kills it, it never returns. Samus can climb up the outside of the station to reach a long plank-like platform. From here there are numerous lifts to take her to five platforms in the middle of space. The platform farthest to the left, and the two to the right contain Portals leading to the Incubation Vaults, while the one in the middle features a Lore entry and the one beside it features a UA Expansion.
- Transfer Lock (via Portal)
- Incubation Vault 01 (via Portal)
- Incubation Vault 02 (via Portal)
- Incubation Vault 03 (via Portal)
- Guardian (first visit)
- Cartograph Artifact
- The Guardian must be killed to reveal the Shield Key, which will lower the Artifact Shield guarding the Artifact, on the middle platform.
- Universal Ammunition Expansion
- On the spaceborne platform second to the left.
- "TELEPORTATION DEVICE ONLINE. STEP INTO THE PORTAL TO WARP TO ANOTHER LOCATION."
- Docking Bay L3
- "RECEIVING PORT FOR ALIMBIC PASSENGER CARRIERS."
- Docking Bay L2
- "RECEIVING PORT FOR ALIMBIC MEDIUM-RANGE TRANSPORTS."
- Docking Bay L1
- "RECEIVING PORT FOR ALIMBIC HEAVY-CARGO STARFREIGHTERS."
- Alimbic Order 01
- "THERE WERE EIGHT ELDERS IN THE ALIMBIC ORDER."
- Alimbic Order 02
- "YOU WILL NOT FIND ALL EIGHT OF THE OCTOLITHS. THEY HAVE BEEN SCATTERED, HIDDEN IN FOUR OF OUR MOST HEAVILY DEFENDED TERRITORIES."
- Alimbic Order 03
- "THERE ARE NEVER MORE THAN TWO OCTOLITHS HIDDEN ON ANY PLANET OR SPACE STATION."
- Alimbic Order 04
- "WITHIN EACH OCTOLITH IS A SPIRIT, THE TRANSFERRED ESSENCE OF AN ALIMBIC ELDER."
- Final Wish
- "DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE DANGER CONCEALED HEREIN. WE HAVE SACRIFICED OUR WORLD TO CONFINE THE MONSTROSITY KNOWN AS GOREA. DO NOT SEEK THIS THING UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO DESTROY IT."
No arena in the Multiplayer Mode of Metroid Prime Hunters is named "Docking Bay". However, the Transfer Lock map includes this room as its outer section, although the moving platforms and Portals have been removed. The Docking Bay and a narrow section of what is known as the Transfer Lock in Adventure Mode (which connects the pyramid section of the Lock to the Docking Bay) are collectively known as the Space Dock in Multiplayer. The Space Dock is inaccessible in the Battle, Survival, and Nodes modes, but in all other modes, the Docking Bay's platforms serve as spawn points.