Docking Bay 5 contains a holographic weapons calibration system and two Training Drone dispensers. Shields activate around the landing pad after a ship lands for safety purposes, though they can be overloaded through short-circuiting. The landing pad connects to the rest of the room via a bridge, which is blocked by a weapon calibration test at first.
Across the bridge is the main bulk of this room. There is a hatch for deploying Stiletto-class fighters on a conveyor belt, a GF Heavy Cargo Truck, and large cargo-bay doors that cannot be opened from this side. There is also a doorway on the wall to the port side with a Blast Shield that closes over it during combat. There is a room above it, presumably a control room similar to the one above Docking Bay 4, but it is not explored.
After being cleared to land aboard the Olympus, Samus lands her Gunship here. Two Federation Marines greet her and subject her to a weapon calibration test (a tutorial for the new Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls). Once it is complete, one of the Marines uploads the location of the Ready Room to Samus's map, and they stand aside so she can proceed. Before moving further into the ship, Samus has the opportunity to take part in the Drone Juggling mini-game.
When returning to her Gunship after the Space Pirates attack Norion, Samus re-enters the room through Repair Bay A. The first boss of the game, the Berserker Lord, is faced here upon Samus's return, where it throws a Federation Marine out of the observation window. Its defeat triggers a shield failure as noted above. Following the battle, Samus can play the Training Drone mini-game again if she wishes, but this will be her last chance to do so.
One month after the invasion, after Samus has awoken from her coma aboard the Olympus, she returns to Docking Bay 5 in a cutscene and boards her Gunship to begin her mission proper. The room is not seen again after this point; however, the Docking Bay 5 on the G.F.S. Valhalla is virtually identical aside from the destruction.
Federation Marine dialogue
|“||Please calibrate your weapon by shooting these targets.
(if approached) Admiral Dane is waiting for you in the briefing room.
—Left Marine when Samus approaches
|“||Samus, welcome to the flagship G.F.S. Olympus. Admiral Dane is waiting for you in the briefing room. I will upload the location to you now.
(if approached) You should probably get going. Admiral Dane does not like to be kept waiting.
Note: G.F.S. is present in the subtitles, but excluded in the voice file of the Marine.
The Fleet Mechanic will dismiss Samus if spoken to, citing his work.
- Docking Bay Access (via Blue Door)
- Repair Bay Shaft (on the blocking side of one-way cargo-bay doors)
- 2 Federation Marines (upon Samus's first arrival; a third is thrown from the window and killed)
- 1 Fleet Mechanic (upon Samus's first arrival)
- 2 Training Drones (upon Samus's first arrival and after defeating the Berserker Lord)
- 1 Halberd-Class Turret (upon Samus's first arrival)
- Berserker Lord (upon entering from the Repair Bay Shaft, after killing a Federation Marine from the control room)
- "This pad initiates the Training Drones the Federation Marines use for weapons training."
- Cargo-bay doors
- "Cargo bay-doors are closed and locked from this side. The nearby control terminal is offline."
- (if entered from Repair Bay Shaft)
- "Cargo-bay doors unlocked. Nearby control terminal online. Operate terminal to open."
- Hand Scanner
- "Control terminal operates the nearby cargo-bay doors. Control terminal is offline."
- GF Heavy Cargo Truck
- "GF Heavy Cargo Truck. Used to transport equipment and vehicles throughout the ship."
- Stiletto-Class Fighter
- "Stiletto-Class Fighter. The newest of GF fighters that is used throughout the fleet."
In an early demo version of Corruption shown by IGN, the Berserker Lord fight does not exist, and the cutscene where the Berserker Lord appears is different.
- ^ IGN "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Nintendo Wii Gameplay -". YouTube. May 19, 2011. Retrieved July 9, 2022.
|G.F.S. Olympus Rooms in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
|Docking Bay 5 • Docking Bay Access • Docking Bay 4 • Security Station • Security Access |
Command Lift A • Flag Bridge Access • Flag Bridge • Meeting Access • Ready Room
Lift Access • Command Lift B • Gunnery Station • MedLab Delta • Aurora Access
Aurora Chamber • Port Observation Deck • Xenoresearch Lab • Lab Access • Ventilation Shaft
Disposal Chamber • Repair Bay A • Munitions Storage • Repair Bay Shaft • Save Station B