In Metroid, the left wall is constructed from glass bubbles, with a single tile serving as a ledge below. Three midair pillars of glass bubbles serve as platforms. Given that Gerutas are positioned above these, it is best that Samus visit this room after acquiring the Screw Attack, so she is not overwhelmed by them.
Two large metal platforms are positioned in midair in the center of the room, with the ceiling above it being made of metal bricks as well, and two pillars hanging from it. Each platform has a pedestal with a Missile Tank atop it. The far right wall is composed of green bubble-like material. This, and the glass bubbles on the other side, may appear as purple on some playthroughs.
In Zero Mission, the room is superheated, making it unsafe to explore without the Varia Suit. It is now almost entirely composed of glass bubbles, including larger platforms that rise out of the lava from the floor. This time, there is only one metal platform, pedestal and ceiling pillar, at the far end of the room. One Missile Tank can still be obtained from it. The second tank is found in an overhanging bubble "rock" above a wider and lower platform. Shooting into its side reveals the tank.
This room is no longer accessible in Super Metroid.
- Missile Tanks
- In plain sight. In Zero Mission, one is found in the ceiling.
- 139 missile tank (pg. 59)
- "When you reach the one-screen-wide room, blast through the floor, drop and move to the right, through a hot-air corridor. Halfway through, you'll encounter a Missile Tank by firing at the wall."
- 140 missile tank (pg. 59)
- "A Missile Tank sits on a pedestal on the right end of the lower-middle corridor. Grab it, then turn around and continue your adventure."