This is the place Samus first battles Spire. It consists of two levels. The first level has an Alimbic Artifact that is collected during the battle with Spire. The second level has a boss portal and a portal which takes Samus back to her gunship. There are entry doors on both levels. There is a hole on the second level leading to the first level.
- High Ground (via two Blue Doors)
- Alinos Gateway (via Portal)
- Stronghold Void 1 (via Stronghold Portal)
- Spire (On first visit only)
- Dialanche (Spire's Alternate form, On first visit only)
- Voldrum (On first visit only)
- Attameter Artifact
- Samus must destroy the two EnemySpawners and all the Voldrums. Then she must repel Spire. After scanning an orange switch, the Shield Key appears. The Attameter Artifact is nearby.
- "TELEPORTATION DEVICE ONLINE. STEP INTO THE PORTAL TO WARP TO ANOTHER LOCATION."
- Stronghold Portal
- "THREE ARTIFACTS ARE NECESSARY TO RESTORE FUNCTIONALITY."
The Elder Passage also appears in the game's multiplayer mode as a playable stage. It is an ideal map for Trace, since the open room offers multiple sniper nests for him, or other Bounty Hunters wielding the Imperialist. The passage extends into what is known as the High Ground room in the campaign.
Weavel has a tactical advantage on this stage, since he can stand on a ledge in Halfturret form and fire; the Halfturret will automatically aim at other hunters. The tight corridors of the Elder Passage provide an advantage for Judicator users (such as Noxus), since Judicator shots can bounce off of walls and freeze Octolith carriers in their tracks.
Elder Passage is not a default stage, and 18 local matches must be played to unlock it.
|Metroid Multiplayer Levels|
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes||Crossfire Chaos • Sidehopper Station • Shooting Gallery • Spider Complex • Pipeline • Spires • Arena 5|
|Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt||Ancient Vestige • Assault Cradle • Trooper Module|
|Metroid Prime Hunters|| Combat Hall • Data Shrine • Processor Core • High Ground • Ice Hive • Alinos Perch • Sic Transit • Transfer Lock • Sanctorus • Compression Chamber • Incubation Vault • Subterranean • Outer Reach • Harvester |
Weapons Complex • Council Chamber • Elder Passage • Fuel Stack
Fault Line • Stasis Bunker • Head Shot • Celestial Gateway • Alinos Gateway
VDO Gateway • Arcterra Gateway • Oubliette
|Metroid Prime Pinball||Magmoor Caverns|
|Super Smash Bros.||Planet Zebes • Planet Zebes: Brinstar • Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths |
Norfair • Frigate Orpheon • Pyrosphere
|Dead or Alive: Dimensions||Geothermal Power Plant|