The room contains one large, main section and multiple narrow passageways leading around to different doors and different parts of the main room; a few of these contain Shriekbats. The floor of the main room and small pits in the passages contain toxic water; the former can be drained via a puzzle in the room which requires the Morph Ball Bombs.
This entails defeating the Stone Toad and then activating three successive Bomb Slots in the given time limit. Each of these is in its own small room off one of the passages, and each activates an energy-generating device. Completing the puzzle also raises a few platforms in the main room, so that more of Energy Core can be accessed.
- Energy Core Access (via Blue Door)
- Burn Dome Access (via Morph Ball Door)
- West Furnace Access (via Blue Door that is locked until the puzzle is completed)
- Machine (inactive)
- "Basic systems appear to be operational. Device should operate once power has been restored."
- Final machine (inactive)
- "Machine is inactive."
- Bomb Slot (used)
- "The machine connected to this slot is currently functioning. This slot has turned itself off."
- First machine (activated)
- "When this device was activated, the water level in the other room was reduced."
- Second machine (activated)
- "When this device was activated, several platforms in the room changed position."
- Machines (fully active)
- "This machine is now fully functional."
- Inactive platforms
- "Inactive platform lift detected. Its functions should return once power has been restored."
- Bomb Slot (submerged)
- "The water has shorted out this slot mechanism. It is inoperable."
- Third Bomb Slot
- "There are a series of power cords leading from this slot to the inactive machine in this room. This may be the master switch for the machine."
- Noticeably, the "energy-generating devices" appear similar to the main console of the Tardis in the revived series of Doctor Who.
- The room shares its name with the puzzle theme that plays in it, and other rooms.