Feeding Pit is a room from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes in the Dark Agon Wastes sector. Samus must come to this room in order to attain the Light Beam. Lowering the two middle platforms by shooting the two Lift Crystals permits a passageway to the item. On the first entry, a swarm of Nightbarbs surrounds each tower, but are replaced by Lumites once the Light Beam is collected. Underneath the large pool of dark water is a Power Bomb Expansion. Feeding Pit's light world equivalent is Biostorage Station.
- Nightbarbs (before Light Beam)
- "Morphology: Nightbarb
Flying airborne hunters native to Dark Aether.
Targets are small but travel in large numbers for safety. Avoid contact."
- Lumites (after Light Beam)
- "Morphology: Lumite
Photosynthetic flying insectoid.
Relatively harmless in shadows, powerful and invisible in the light."
- 2 Warrior Ing (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc)
- "Morphology: Warrior Ing
The soldiers of the Ing Horde.
Shapeshifting wallcrawler. Dangerous combatant in melee and at range. Dislikes bright light."
- "Morphology: Bladepod
Living storage units of the Ing Horde.
These Ing morph their bodies around useful items to protect them. They rely on larger Ing for protection."
- Light Crystal
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Crystal
Generates protective field of light energy.
Light Crystals provide protection from Dark Aether's atmosphere. They can be nullified by dark energy and supercharged by light energy."
- Light Beacon
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Beacon
Generates protective field when energized.
Light Beacons must be energized by Beam weapon fire to function, and remain charged for a limited time."
- Light Lift Crystal
- "Xenotech: Light Lift Crystal
Energized by dark-based weapons.
Luminoth lift platform will lower when Crystal is energized by dark weaponry."
- Dark Lift Crystal
- "Xenotech: Dark Lift Crystal
Energized by light-based weapons.
Luminoth lift platform will raise when Crystal is energized by light-based weaponry."
Connecting rooms Edit
- Watering Hole (via Blast Shield)
- Ing Cache 1 (via Purple Hatch)
- Feeding Pit Access (via White Hatch)
- Power Bomb Expansion
- Samus must return to this room with the Light Suit, and the Expansion can be found in the poisonous waters of the room.
- In the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc, the Feeding Pit was extremely different from the version seen in the final game. The Dark Water, platforms, Lumites, and Phazon that appear in the room's final version are all absent, leaving the room with a large, open center floor. The room's only gameplay is a battle against Warrior Ing, somewhat similar to the Battleground. Upon defeating these Ing, a Light Portal opens near the door that would normally lead to Feeding Pit Access, which ends the demo when entered.