|“||Programmers added the fish swimming around in the pond later as well.||„|
Fish are recurring creatures found in water areas in the Metroid series. The most common unnamed species of fish is present on Tallon IV in Metroid Prime, and are only named as such in the design notes for Phendrana Shorelines which identifies the creatures seen in the waters.
They cannot be scanned, but do give off heat signatures when the Thermal Visor is used. They travel in small schools and are present in most locations where there is water and scatter when shot at. They are kept in tanks in Save Station Mines A and B in the Phazon Mines for unknown reasons. It is possible that they were being kept as experiments or pets by the Space Pirates.
Tallon IV locationsEdit
- Phendrana Shorelines
- Phendrana's Edge
- Reflecting Pool
- Frozen Pike
- Save Station Mines A
- Save Station Mines B
- Connection Elevator to Deck Beta (post-crash)
- Deck Beta Conduit Hall (post-crash)
- Deck Beta Security Hall (post-crash)
- Main Ventilation Shaft Section A (post-crash)
- Main Ventilation Shaft Section C (post-crash)
- Skultera is a species of aggressive fish native to Zebes, and are present on the BOTTLE SHIP and Biologic Space Laboratories research station as well.
- While unrelated to fish, the Protozoans in the Impact Crater in Metroid Prime behave exactly like the fish seen elsewhere on Tallon IV.
- The Chomper Fish also appear in Metroid Prime, though they are larger than others in size and are only seen inactive (either dead or frozen). One such fish exists on a small stand in Research Lab Hydra, with a Space Pirate standing next to it when Samus arrives for the first time.
- An almost identical species of fish appears in Torvus Bog in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. They behave much like Tallon IV's fish, but are grey, and more angular in shape.
- The Scarp in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption resembles a fish, though it appears to have been heavily experimented on.
- Metroid: Other M also features an unidentified species of fish that travels in a massive school under the floor of the room where Samus first encounters a Gigafraug in Sector 2 / Cryosphere. These fish resemble swordfish and are unaffected by the Wave Beam.
- The strangely named Rock Icicle from SR388 resembles a fish but does not inhabit aquatic areas and instead drops down from cave ceilings in an attempt to hit Samus.
- The Moheek from the same planet resembles a fish-out-of-water with damaging tendrils growing out of its head.
- Metroid: Samus Returns features small blue anglerfish in the lakes and pools of Area 5 on SR388. They are one of several background creatures in the game that cannot interact with, harm, or be harmed by Samus. They are internally referred to as Bug05, with their animation filename being animfish01.
|Tallon IV||Aqua Reaper • Aqua Sac • Chomper Fish • Fish • Jelzap • Tangle Weed • Tallon Crab|
|Aether||Blogg • Bloggling • Alpha Blogg • Fish • Brizgee • Dark Blogg • Grenchler • Hydling • Krocuss • Phlogus|
|Dark Aether||Chykka • Dark Blogg • Dark Grenchler • Dark Phlogus • Dark Shredder • Flying Ing Cache • Venom Weed • Watchdrone|
|Zebes||Botwoon • Bull • Cacatac • Choot • Draygon • Evir • Gadora • Gamet • Oum • Owtch • Powamp • Puyo • Sciser • Skultera • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. • Yapping Maw • Yard • Zoa|
|BOTTLE SHIP||Fish • Skultera|
|BSL||Aqua Zebesian • Evir • Gadora • Owtch • Powamp • Sciser • Serris • Skultera • Yard|
|Non-hostile|| Aurora Unit 217 • Baby • Dachora • Databot • Etecoon • Fleet Admiral Castor Dane • Fleet Mechanic • Pow • Septogg • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. |
Training Drone • Watchdrone • Work Robot
|Hostiles|| Aazelion • Airthorn • Autom • Big Metroid • Cannon • GMX-04 Halberd-class turret (if provoked) • Polyp • Proboscum |
Puromi • Ring Beam Unit • Ripper II • Samus Eater (Bud) • Seed platform • Unfreezable Metroid • ZipNMEBomber
|Misc.|| Bloatsac • Blueroot Tree (Dark) • Butterflies • Chomper Fish • Durable plantform • Fish • Fungus • Glow Stem • Great Tree |
Massive tentacle • Moth • Parasitic fungus • Protozoan • RedGrass • Sandgrass • Sbug • Scarp • Scatterbug • Tallon fern • Mantha
|SR388 background creatures|
|Area 1||Bugfly • Insect0701|
|Area 3||Animworm • Chozo mech arm • Red-eyed Watcher • Robotbig • Robotsmall|
|Area 5||Bigbug02 • Bug05|
|Area 6||Bigbug01 • Robotsmall|