|This is a featured article.|
Fleet Admiral Castor Dane is the commander of the G.F.S. Olympus. His only appearance is in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. He is known for his utmost dedication to protecting the Galactic Federation from its enemies. He is stern, aggressive, and has a strong dislike for the Space Pirates; his in-game scan hints at him having been orphaned by the marauding race at an early age, an act he still seeks to avenge.
Metroid Prime 3: CorruptionEdit
|“||As I let my imagination work its magic very quickly an updated Viking Warrior Chieftan emerges sailing the raging seas of space and he has dangerous and terrible tasks to struggle with. He makes decisions that cost him the life of friends and comrades in arms. He feels each loss deeply as he fights on against overwhelming odds. He rejoices in each victory…and always he is in command…foes come from every side yet still he has trusted allies and some brilliant young heroes to deploy.||„|
Samus Aran meets with the Admiral along with Ghor, Rundas, and Gandrayda aboard the G.F.S. Olympus. He informs them that Aurora Unit 313 has been stolen by Space Pirates, and that a virus has been planted into the Aurora Unit network. He wants them to deliver a vaccine to purge the virus, though his speech is cut short when Space Pirates attack the Olympus fleet. He provides updates and assistance to Samus during the subsequent invasion on Norion through her comm system.
Later, Admiral Dane took part in the Federation's invasion of the Pirate Homeworld while giving Samus directions on disabling its defense system. This mostly involved giving orders behind the scenes. However, he personally escorted a group of Demolition Troopers onto the planet's surface. Later, they commandeered a hovering Leviathan Battleship and used it to open a wormhole to planet Phaaze, and also led the attack on it from the flagship Olympus.
In the end, one of his soldiers told him that Phaaze was beginning an exploding event. He then ordered his entire fleet to warp back. After Phaaze's destruction, Samus has yet to be reported as a survivor, and Dane fears the worst. When her Gunship comes into view, Dane, happy to see she's still alive, salutes her while she writes a message saying "Mission Complete" on the screen.
Fleet Admiral Castor Dane
Morphology: Fleet Admiral Dane
Commander of the G.F.S. Olympus,
the flagship of the GF Starfleet.
Fleet Admiral Castor Dane is known for his utmost dedication to protecting the Federation from its enemies. He is stern and aggressive, and has a strong dislike for the Space Pirates. Rumor has it they orphaned him at an early age, an act he still seeks to avenge.
- Admiral Dane can only be scanned at one point in the game: during the Pirate attack, when Samus re-enters the Command Bridge. Dane will be standing at the helm and can be scanned at this point, and only this point.
- His description in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Premiere Edition is exactly the same as in the game, but there is one mere difference: the sentence "and has a strong dislike for the Space Pirates" has been changed to "and has a strong dislike for space pirates."
- He has shown himself to be an involved leader, as evident by escorting a group of Demolition Troopers on the surface of the Pirate Homeworld.
- In concept art, he was originally depicted as a cyborg with an artificial leg similar to that of a classical pirate.
- In the original NTSC version of Corruption, during the Briefing Room cutscene, Dane says "Damn! They're targeting the planetary defense system!". In the PAL and Metroid Prime Trilogy versions, the "Damn!" was changed to "No!" Dane is the first character to utter a profanity in a Metroid game.
- The Colonel's uniform at the end of Metroid: Other M resembles Dane's.
- When Dane contacts Samus on Norion after the cutscene of the Leviathan appearing through a wormhole, when he says "They intend to smash this thing into Norion!", his voice is quieter and seems to lack the radio sound effects.
- In Aurora Unit 242's unused Logbook entry, Dane is mentioned as being critical of the "Other Brain" nickname assigned to 242 by veteran Olympus staff.
- Admiral Dane's rumored backstory is not unlike that of Samus, who was herself orphaned by Space Pirates as a result of the raid on her home colony of K-2L.
|Non-hostile|| Aurora Unit 217 • Baby • Dachora • Databot • Etecoon • Fleet Admiral Castor Dane • Fleet Mechanic • Pow • Septogg • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. |
Training Drone • Watchdrone • Work Robot
|Hostiles|| Aazelion • Airthorn • Autom • Big Metroid • Cannon • GMX-04 Halberd-class turret (if provoked) • Polyp • Proboscum |
Puromi • Ring Beam Unit • Ripper II • Samus Eater (Bud) • Seed platform • Unfreezable Metroid • ZipNMEBomber
|Misc.|| Bloatsac • Blueroot Tree (Dark) • Butterflies • Chomper Fish • Durable plantform • Fish • Fungus • Glow Stem • Great Tree |
Massive tentacle • Moth • Parasitic fungus • Protozoan • RedGrass • Sandgrass • Sbug • Scarp • Scatterbug • Tallon fern • Mantha