- For other uses, see Windchamber (Disambiguation).
Description[edit | edit source]
Samus can only access this area after re-acquiring the Power Bomb due to both doors leading into the Grand Windchamber being Yellow Hatches. This area features a puzzle, where Samus must enter Dark Aether and use a Spinner system to turn System Control Rings below a platform until they all face in a certain direction. Samus must then use the Seeker Missile to hit the targets on the rings simultaneously, thereby lowering some Grapple Points. Samus must then use the Spinners to turn the rings in the other direction and repeat the process. Samus can return to Light Aether to find that a forcefield is down on the highest platform. Samus can now use a Kinetic Orb Cannon to reach the platform and achieve the Sunburst.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
- Windchamber Tunnel (via Blue Door)
- Windchamber Gateway (via Yellow Hatch)
- Ing Windchamber (via Portal)
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Before Sunburst[edit | edit source]
- 2 Pirate Aerotroopers (one time)
- "Morphology: Pirate Aerotrooper
Airborne assault trooper.
Fast-moving and extremely well-armed. Jet packs can be overloaded with thermal damage."
After Sunburst[edit | edit source]
- 3 Dark Pirate Commandos (one time)
- "Morphology: Dark Pirate Commando
- Darkling-possessed elite Space Pirate.
- Increased combat ability due to symbiotic presence. Able to phase out of local timespace."
Items[edit | edit source]
- Requires Power Bomb, Boost Ball, Seeker Missiles and Grapple Beam. Samus must enter Dark Aether and remove the shield that guards the item.
Scans[edit | edit source]
- System Control Rings
- "Object analysis complete.
Target is a System Control Ring.
Control interface for this unit is not present; analysis indicates it is on Dark Aether.
- Spinner (dimensional)
- "Object scan complete.
Target is in a state of dimensional flux.
Unable to completely scan Spinner target. 50% of its component atoms are in another dimension, or on the surface of Dark Aether."
- Dark Portal (inactive)
- "This rift portal is inactive.
The portal field can be energized with dark energy. Walk into an energized portal to transport to Dark Aether."
- Dark Portal (active)
- "This portal is active.
Walk into the portal to transport to Dark Aether. Extreme caution recommended once transit is complete."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- * Kinetic Orb Cannon hologram
- "Enter hologram in Morph Ball mode to fire Cannon."
* Note: text is centered-aligned in scan, unlike the others which are left-aligned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Falling into the pit using the Screw Attack will not deal damage, something that does not happen anywhere else in the game.
- The pit in the Grand Windchamber appears to be as deep as other pits seen in Temple Grounds rooms, thanks to an optical illusion. However, if Samus falls down, she will find that the fall is much shorter.