- This article is about the Alimbic mechanoid. For other uses, see Guardian (Disambiguation)
A Guardian is a bipedal armless android capable of running and jumping with great agility. It appears to have only one eye, and first-person cutscenes depict it seeing through a fisheye lens. According to the logbook, three small fusion generators are located in the Guardian's head, producing the energy projectiles that it uses aggressively against intruders.
Each Guardian is equipped with a single weapon: the Power Beam, Missile Launcher, Volt Driver, Battlehammer, Judicator, or Magmaul. Guardians that use the latter four weapons are especially vulnerable to the opposing sub-weapon, although most Guardians can be defeated relatively quickly using charged Missiles. Like the Bounty Hunters, they take more damage from Headshots.
Guardians are often found in groups guarding large rooms that may be occupied by Bounty Hunters, although Guardians and Bounty Hunters never appear the room together at the same time. Therefore, they will sometimes block Samus's escape during Countdowns, including a scripted event in which Guardians are first encountered in the Helm Room during the escape from the Celestial Archives. Guardians do not appear on a planet or space station until after the first Octolith has been taken, implying that the Guardians were alerted as soon as Samus obtained the artifact.
Guardians are kept in stasis at the Stasis Bunker in the Vesper Defense Outpost, and there are also dead Guardians jamming a Door in the same room. As Samus progresses through the Stasis Bunker's puzzles to collect Alimbic Artifacts, several Guardians awaken from stasis and attack her.
- Guardian carcasses (Stasis Bunker)
- "GUARDIAN carcasses are jamming the door."
Metroid Prime Hunters
Specifically designed to guard the ALIMBIC ORDER, these automatons are now programmed to serve in its absence. These intelligent androids often travel in packs. Attacking with energy projectiles produced by three small fusion generators located in the cranium.
- When the first Guardian appears, it is peering around the Helm Room from its ceiling, suggesting that the Guardians can cling to surfaces upside down. However, this ability is never used in-battle.
- Much like all bosses in Metroid Prime Hunters, Guardians have their own battle theme and display a health bar on-screen. However, since they are relatively weak and are not officially referred to as bosses, it is unclear if they are considered Mini-Bosses or are merely strong enemies.
|Guardian | Torizo (Golden) | MB | Steambot (Tinbot) | Hunters | Mecha Samus|