High Ground has four main sections: the underground tunnels, the main floor, the 2nd floor, and the top floor. The entrance is in the underground tunnels. High Ground is also the first place that Samus meets Spire. Upon defeating Spire, a force field will block the only underground holes leaving the portal to be the only access point to High Ground until the first Octolith is taken.
- Echo Hall (via Blue Door)
- Combat Hall (via Blue Door, but blocked by Purple Force Field)
- Elder Passage (via Blue Door)
- Alimbic Gardens (via Purple Blast Shield)
- Magma Drop (via Morph Ball tunnel blocked by Purple Force Field)
- Alimbic Turret v1.0
- Spire (during initial visit)
- Psycho Bit v1.0 (during initial visit)
- Guardians and/or a Bounty Hunter
- Missile Expansion
- Next to the shaft directly below the entrance to Alimbic Gardens.
- Binary Subscripture
- After chasing Spire back into High Ground, Samus must defeat him in order to obtain the Shield Key. The artifact is next to the Purple Force Field blocking the way to Combat Hall.
- Thermal Regulator
- "TRANSDUCES VOLCANIC HEAT INTO USABLE ENERGY."
- Flow Regulator
- "THIS STATION CONTROLS THE FLOW OF LAVA TRIBUTARIES."
- Magma Vent
- "RELIEVES PRESSURE BUILDUP FROM THE UNSTABLE PLANETARY CORE."
- Alimbic Scripture
- "THIS LANGUAGE CANNOT BE TRANSLATED."
- Interment Chamber
- "ALIMBIC WARRIORS OF VALOR ARE HERE LAID TO REST, THAT THEIR SPIRITS MAY RETURN TO THE PLANETARY CORE."
- Battle Sarcophagus
- "THIS TOMB CONTAINS THE REMAINS OF ALIMBIC GENERAL ALMIIAK, WHO LED THE ALIMBIC PEOPLE TO VICTORY IN THE TETRA BORDER WARS TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO. HE LATER FORMED THE ALIMBIC ORDER OF ELDERS."
- Science Sarcophagus
- "THIS TOMB CONTAINS THE REMAINS OF THE GREAT ARCTHERUS, WHOSE DISCOVERY OF NEUROGENESIS MARKED THE ADVENT OF THE MODERN ALIMBIC ERA, A TIME OF UNPRECEDENTED PEACE AND PROSPERITY."
- Alimbic Prophecy 06
- "TENDRILS OF BLUE SMOKE SHALL WEAVE THE GEOMETRY OF VIOLET CRYSTAL."
The High Ground is a playable arena in the Hunters multiplayer mode. The stage gives Bounty Hunters, particularly Trace, plenty of areas to jump to and practice their sniping skills with the Imperialist. The main entrance to the underground room that would be accessible in the single player mode is sealed off by a Crash Pillar statue. The tight corridors prove favorable to Trace's Triskelion, who can use it to quickly take out opponents.
|Metroid Multiplayer Levels|
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes||Crossfire Chaos • Sidehopper Station • Shooting Gallery • Spider Complex • Pipeline • Spires • Arena 5|
|Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt||Ancient Vestige • Assault Cradle • Trooper Module|
|Metroid Prime Hunters||Combat Hall • Data Shrine • Processor Core • High Ground • Ice Hive • Alinos Perch • Sic Transit • Transfer Lock • Sanctorus • Compression Chamber • Incubation Vault • Subterranean • Outer Reach • Harvester |
Weapons Complex • Council Chamber • Elder Passage • Fuel Stack
Fault Line • Stasis Bunker • Head Shot • Celestial Gateway • Alinos Gateway
VDO Gateway • Arcterra Gateway • Oubliette
|Metroid Prime Pinball||Magmoor Caverns|
|Super Smash Bros.||Planet Zebes • Planet Zebes: Brinstar • Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths |
Norfair • Frigate Orpheon • Pyrosphere
|Dead or Alive: Dimensions||Geothermal Power Plant|