The High Jump Boots (ハイジャンプブーツ Hai Janpu Būtsu ) (previously known as the Hi-Jump and Hi-Jump Boots) are an upgrade exclusive to the 2-D styled Metroid games. As indicated by the name, the Boots allow Samus Aran to jump much higher. In Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, the Spring Ball is granted along with the boots.
Official Nintendo Player's GuideEdit
"When you get these boots, Samus’ jumping power will increase one-and-a-half times. Even items which couldn’t be reached before because of their location can be obtained easily with these."
Metroid II: Return of Samus manualEdit
Super Metroid manualEdit
"Increases jumping distance.
Metroid Fusion manualEdit
Metroid: Zero Mission manualEdit
Zero Mission Samus Screen dataEdit
"Increases maximum jump height. Adds Morph Ball jumping capability."
Metroid: Samus Returns Samus Screen dataEdit
"High Jump Boots greatly increase the height of your jump."
- The High Jump Boots are one of three items not present in Metroid: Other M, the other two being the Spazer Beam and X-Ray Scope. Despite this, the Space Jump actually allows her to jump slightly higher as if she were wearing the High Jump.
- The High Jump Boots made their first 3-D appearance in Metroid: Samus Returns.
- In Metroid II: Return of Samus, the sound of the High Jump Boots will ordinarily echo, but in certain enclosed areas will not.
- In Super Metroid, The High Jump Boots actually changes the boots, but it's only seen in the status menu.
- This is the only other upgrade to actually change the appearance of Samus in the status screen (The other being the Varia Suit)
| High Jump Boots | Space Jump | Speed Booster |
Jump Boots | Space Jump Boots | Jet Boots
|Power Suit movement systems|
|Thrusters||Screw Attack • Gravity Boost • Speed Booster • SenseMove|
|Boots||High Jump Boots • Space Jump • Jump Boots • Space Jump Boots|
|Morph Ball||Spring Ball • Spider Ball • Boost Ball|
|Arm Cannon||Grapple Beam|