The High Jump Boots (ハイジャンプブーツ Hai Janpu Būtsu ) (previously known as the High Jump, Hi-Jump, Hi-Jump Boots and High Jump Upgrade) are an upgrade exclusive to the 2-D styled Metroid games. As indicated by the name, the Boots allow Samus Aran to jump much higher. In Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission, the Spring Ball is granted along with the boots.
It is often possible to completely skip the High Jump Boots in many of the games. Metroid Fusion makes an exception, where Sequence Breaking isn't possible with upgrades.
- 1 Official data
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Gallery
- 4 References
"When you get these boots, Samus’ jumping power will increase one-and-a-half times. Even items which couldn’t be reached before because of their location can be obtained easily with these."
Metroid II: Return of Samus manual
Super Metroid manual
"Increases jumping distance.
- THE HI-JUMP BOOTS (pg. 41)
- "The hi-jump boots are another critical booster, they do just as the name suggests."
Metroid Fusion manual
Metroid: Zero Mission manual
Zero Mission Samus Screen data
"Increases maximum jump height. Adds Morph Ball jumping capability."
Metroid: Samus Returns Samus Screen data
"High Jump Boots greatly increase the height of your jump."
- The High Jump Boots make a unique sound in Metroid II: Return of Samus, which will ordinarily echo, except in certain enclosed areas.
- In Super Metroid, the High Jump Boots will alter the appearance of Samus on the Samus Screen.
- The only other upgrade to do so is the Varia Suit.
- The High Jump Boots are one of three items not present in Metroid: Other M, the other two being the Spazer Beam and X-Ray Scope. Despite this, the Space Jump actually allows her to jump slightly higher as if she were wearing them.
- The High Jump Boots made their first 3-D appearance in Metroid: Samus Returns.
|High Jump Boots | Space Jump | Speed Booster |
Jump Boots | Space Jump Boots | Jet Boots
|Power Suit movement systems|
|Thrusters||Screw Attack • Gravity Boost • Speed Booster • SenseMove|
|Boots||High Jump Boots • Space Jump • Jump Boots • Space Jump Boots|
|Morph Ball||Spring Ball • Spider Ball • Boost Ball|
|Arm Cannon||Grapple Beam|