Hive Gyro Chamber is a room in the Ing Hive in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The room features a large sphere in the middle covered in Spider Ball Tracks, with 8 Darkling Tentacles on it. Should they knock Samus to the bottom of the chamber, there is a long stick holding the sphere up that Samus can climb to get back up. There are also several floating platforms rotating around the sphere. There are two ledges at the top of the room that lead to different areas, one of which features two beams of red white light that damages Samus if she steps into one. Several Ingworm Caches are also scattered about.
- Hive Dynamo Access (via white hatch)
- Hive Temple Access (via Blue Door)
- Hive Save Station 2 (via Blast Shield)
- Hive Gyro Access (via Blue Door)
- Darkling Tentacles
- "Morphology: Darkling Tentacle
Dimension-warping Ing tendril.
Darkling will open warps and attempt to grapple enemy targets. Dislikes bright light."
- Ing Hive Temple Key 2
- At the top of the sphere is another Spider Ball Track leading upwards. Samus can boost off of it to reach another pair of tracks that circle the key. To collect it, Samus must boost into the middle.
- Ingworm Cache
- "The Ingworms wrap their bodies around useful items to protect them. They are defenseless. They are not terribly durable and have no form of attack, hence their assignment as storage bearers by the Horde."
- Spider Ball Track
- "System: Spider Ball Track
- Magnetic rail system track.
- In Morph Ball mode, press and hold R* when close to this type of surface. Use Control Stick to move the Ball along the track. Release R* to disengage from the surface.
- CAUTION: A Morph Ball Bomb will briefly disengage the Ball from the track."
- Light Crystal
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Crystal
Generates protective field of light energy.
Light Crystals provide protection from Dark Aether's atmosphere. They can be nullified by dark energy and supercharged by light energy."
- Hive Temple Key
- "Hive Temple Key
One of three needed to open the Hive Temple."