It, as the name implies, is the highest point in the Ing Hive (though the Sky Temple floats higher). It is accessible through a Dark Portal in the Aerie after fighting Dark Samus for the second time. The glass shield, unlike its light counterpart, is retained, and so to get beyond it use of a nearby Spider Ball Track is required. Samus has to use a Spinner to rotate two other Spider Ball Tracks which she can boost off of to reach another portal back to Aerie, on a ledge above the arena, where the Echo Visor lies waiting for her.
- Portal (inactive)
- "This rift portal is inactive.
- The portal field can be energized with light energy. Walk into an energized portal to transport to Aether."
- Portal (active)
- "This portal is active.
- Walk into the portal to initiate return transit to Aether."
- Ingworm Cache
- "The Ingworms wrap their bodies around useful items to protect them. They are defenseless. They are not terribly durable and have no form of attack, hence their assignment as storage bearers by the Horde."
- Light Beacon
- "Xenotech: Luminoth Light Beacon
Generates protective field when energized.
Light Beacons must be energized by Beam weapon fire to function, and remain charged for a limited time."
- Spider Ball Track
- "System: Spider Ball Track
- Magnetic rail system track.
- In Morph Ball mode, press and hold R* when close to this type of surface. Use Control Stick to move the Ball along the track. Release R* to disengage from the surface.
- CAUTION: A Morph Ball Bomb will briefly disengage the Ball from the track."
- "Device: Spinner
- Boost-powered control system.
- Use the Boost Ball ability of the Morph Ball when inside a spinner to activate the device it powers."
- Spinner (offline)
- "Spinner unit offline.
- Unable to restore function to this unit."
- The Hive Summit is one of four rooms in Echoes that does not have a single door or an elevator (it can only be explored using a portal) used to access it, the others being the Ing Windchamber, Vault Attack Portal and Hive Portal Chamber.