K.G. wore glasses and was described as being the recon scout of the 07th Platoon. He was ordered to scout the Residential Quarters. His name and physical appearance suggested that he was of Japanese descent. In the Exam Center, he can be seen examining a table in the "containment room" with James Pierce.
After the post-credits game, K.G. was listed in Samus's Characters menu as missing because the Federation could not find his body. This was because the Deleter, shown in a cutscene after defeating the RB176 Ferrocrusher threw another frozen soldier into the Lava. Because the bodies of Lyle Smithsonian, Maurice Favreau and James Pierce are accounted for as well as Samus witnessing Anthony Higgs supposedly dying, and Adam Malkovich sacrificing himself, this could only mean that the frozen soldier was K.G. The Nintendo Official Guidebook for Metroid Other M confirmed that K.G. was the soldier that was killed and thrown into the lava.
"K.G. Misawa (Recon Scout):
<Battle Code Number>
Galactic Federation Academy,
Training Base #4
Combat Technology Research Center, Section 2
Galactic Federation, 07th Platoon
- "Investigating the BOTTLE SHIP under Adam's command after receiving the distress signal."
- After Brug Mass
- "Currently investigating the Residential Sector under Adam's command."
- After first Exam Center cutscene
- "Currently investigating the Exam Center in Sector 1 under Adam's command."
- After Mystery Creature
- "Currently investigating the BOTTLE SHIP interior under Adam's command."
- After Rhedogian battle #2
- "Currently heading toward the Geothermal Power Plant in Sector 3 under Adam's command."
- After Main Elevator cutscene
- "No information available. Details unknown."
- After credits
- "Following the incident, the Federation has been searching everywhere within the BOTTLE SHIP, but he still hasn't been found."
- In the Japanese version, his name was simply Keiji which was a Japanese name that was pronounced the same as "K.G." It was unknown whether there was a correlation between the two or whether the similarity was a coincidence.
- He was originally known as K.G. Wong. His surname "Misawa" is a possible tribute to the Japanese professional wrestling legend, Mitsuharu Misawa, who died while the game was near the end of development.
- K.G. was the only 07th Platoon member to be MIA under military protocol.
- K.G. only spoke twice in the game in the briefing cutscene and the Exam Center when he received his orders ("Got it!").
- K.G.'s death of being incinerated in Lava was similar to that of Ellen Ripley in the ending of Alien3, although hers was voluntary.
- K.G was easily the shortest member of the 07th Platoon.
- Even though K.G. Misawa was clearly incinerated (Because of the other deceased soldiers' corpses being accounted for), some speculated that he was the Deleter, based solely on his MIA status on Samus' personnel screen.
- It was unknown how K.G. gained access to the Bottle Ship Residential Area when he was asked to explore it: The only entrances are blocked by Desbrachian cocoons which remained undisturbed until Samus entered the sector.
- ^ a b K.G. Misawa Artwork. Nintendo (translated by Metroid Database). Retrieved on 2011-12-17.
- ^ https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/137743-metroid-other-m-a-few-more-details
- ^ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/960554-metroid-other-m/55641976
- ^ https://nintendoeverything.com/metroid-other-m-details-4/
|Galactic Federation 07th Platoon|
|Members||Commander Adam Malkovich • Anthony Higgs • Lyle Smithsonian • Maurice Favreau • James Pierce/Deleter • K.G. Misawa • Samus Aran|
|Equipment||Freeze Gun • Plasma Gun • Galactic Federation Power Suit • Adam's helmet • Galactic Federation Military Transport Hygieia • Submachine Gun • Assault rifle|