In both games, this is a corridor connecting between the two shafts on the upper right side of Kraid's Lair.
In Metroid, this room is optional and does not need to be explored, seeing as it does not lead to Kraid or any expansions or power-ups. It is one of three identical corridors between the "apex shaft" and "Zeela-infested shaft", containing the same enemies. The room is constructed from blue bricks and tiles, with three pits of acid in the floor and two Air Holes in the floor, and three silver pillars near the left side.
In Zero Mission, the room's appearance has been significantly overhauled and differentiated from the other three identical rooms. It now has a purple aesthetic, wider acid pools (of which there are now only two) and a single Air Hole (although Geegas spawn from one of the acid pools in addition to the hole). In the background ruins can be seen, as well as two large grey cacti-like plants. An inactive zip line is present on the ceiling; this is activated in a corridor two rooms away. To cross the room, Samus must shoot at two Fake Blocks beside a pillar standing in the first acid pool, which is in front of the entrance, and use her Power Grip to climb over the pillar. She can jump from a raised step on the middle platform to dry land on the left. To cross back, Samus will have to reactivate the zip lines, or alternatively attempt a Diagonal Bomb Jump. Once the zip line is activated Samus can call it to her side by shooting a red switch on the ceiling.
- Geegas spawned from the acid and 1 Air Hole
- 075 A WALL THEN A LONG HALL (pg. 44)
- "Entering the area's highest corridor, you'll see a wall behind two breakable blocks. Destroy the blocks then leap to the top of the wall and climb to the other side. As you run left, stop at the wide gap, scoot over to the edge then jump to clear the lava.[sic]"
- 082 EXIT FROM WHERE YOU ENTERED (pg. 46)
- "After you've explored the lair's upper-right region, launch up the left side then run right and use a ceiling mechanism to slide over the acid on the right side of the long corridor."
The guide erroneously refers to the acid in this room as lava.