Description[edit | edit source]
In Metroid, due to memory limitations this room is identical to several other corridors found in Kraid, such as what would later become the "Acid Worm's room" in Zero Mission. Its tiles consist of blue bricks and blocks, with three acid pits in the floor, two Air Holes that spawn endless Geegas, a ceiling overhang and three silver pillars near the left side. Because there is a shortcut in "Kraid's room access", Samus does not need to visit this room to get to Kraid.
In Zero Mission, the room's appearance has been updated to differentiate it from other corridors. It is much larger and now found on a steep incline. A secret passage in the floor of the chamber above can be used to gain access to this room through the ceiling. Two large, elongated midair platforms are found here, and the room is infested with Zeelas. Part of the ceiling appears to be made from scaffolding. As Samus drops through the ceiling, she can fire at two Chozo Blocks on either side of her. These block the door to Kraid's access room, and the boss himself. After the battle, Samus can return to the slope this way, or through a tunnel underneath, which is obstructed by Boost Blocks. If Samus chooses not to collect the Speed Booster, a hidden vent above the Boost Blocks will allow her to get past them and back into the slope room. Using the Speed Booster, Samus can race up the slope and preserve a Shinespark into the next shaft.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
- "Hidden drop" (Zero Mission, via shaft)
- "Block column shaft" (via Blue Door)
- "Kraid's room access" (via Blue Door, and tunnel in Zero Mission)
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Metroid[edit | edit source]
Zero Mission[edit | edit source]
- 9 Zeelas
Official data[edit | edit source]
- 096 FIRE AS YOU FALL (pg. 48)
- "As you drop, straighten out, fire left to break a large block, then grab on to the ledge. If you miss the ledge, you can run around to the right, then to the left again to grab it. After you advance, fire a missile at the eye that guards the boss's hatch."
- 099 BOOST FROM LEFT TO RIGHT (pg. 49)
- "As soon as you have the Speed Booster, start running to the right, firing your weapon to open hatches as you go. When you charge up the booster, you'll fly through obstacles and enemies to end up on the lair's right side."