As the name implies, this room is a long corridor primarily composed of dirt. This is interesting as it is connected to the Scrap Block, a building. While it is possible that the dirt environment is simulated, there is no Holographic Generator in this room. Architecture from the facility is present at the start of the corridor, however.
The beginning part of the corridor is blocked by a wall of vines. Samus can remove these with her Missiles, and they will melt when she does so. This reveals a wall, at the base of which is a hole the Morph Ball can fit through. This opens up into a longer corridor with pits in the floor; a Gripper will spawn in one of these. The first time Samus comes through here, the room will rumble, as a Namihe emerges from a wall ahead. It leaps at Samus and a quick-time event occurs where she must SenseMove over it to avoid damage.
Past the wall that the Namihe broke through is another section of tunnel with numerous Grippers and Gripper-like plants, another wall of vines and a dirt wall. Both of these must be destroyed with Missiles to advance. At the very end of this corridor is a small section of broken pipe leading into a Morph Ball tunnel, which is blocked by a pile of rubbish. The Subterranean Control Room is on the other end of this tunnel.
- Scrap Block (via automatic door)
- Subterranean Control Room (via Morph Ball Door)
- "Confrontation room" (via tunnel)
- Missile Tank
- This is found in the wall near the entrance. To get it, Samus has to destroy a pile of rubbish blocking a Morph Ball tunnel, and roll through it to reach this tank.
- Missile Tank
- Requires Speed Booster. When Samus returns to this room, she must build up speed and then Shinespark in front of the exit at the dirt end. She must then fall to a ledge and break open a small crate to find this tank.
- ^ Metroid: Other M Premiere Edition, page 60: "Run up the stairs at the far end of the room and enter a long dirt tunnel. Use a missile to destroy the vines blocking the path and slowly creep deeper into the tunnel. The path has several small pits in the way. Move through the path, bypassing the small pits to avoid being attacked by Grippers. When you reach the end of the tunnel, a massive tunnel worm bursts out of the opposite end. Use Sensemove [sic] to leap over it and avoid taking damage."