Lumigek are a species of small Phazon-charged reptiles that resemble geckos.
As with other small creatures like Parasites, Lumigeks travel in swarms to give them a better chance of survival. They have the ability to absorb and radiate Phazon, making them even more threatening. Lumigeks are completely resistant to the damaging effects of Red Phazon, which is found in abundance in the Impact Crater of Tallon IV.
Lumigeks appear briefly in Metroid Prime; they are located in the Crater Tunnel A of the Impact Crater. According to their scan, they are not from Phaaze, and are actually native to Tallon IV. Despite this, they are not encountered anywhere else other than Crater Tunnel A.
Natives of Tallon IV, the Lumigeks travel in swarms to increase their odds of survival. They absorb and radiate Phazon energy, making these swarms a threat.
"Lumigek" seems to be derived from the words "luminous", (meaning to give off light) and a corruption of the word "Gecko" (which the Lumigek resembles), a small to average sized lizard belonging to the family Gekkonidae, found in warm climates throughout Earth.
- An unused variant of Lumigek is present in the game's data, referred to as "lumi_Phazon" in the animation files. It's possible this Phazon variant was meant to appear in the Impact Crater, while the "normal" version used in-game was originally intended to be seen elsewhere on Tallon IV.
- Very similar to the final phases of Dark Samus in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the skin of the Lumigek is transparent, revealing the internal organs.
- Their index level is implied to be at least P if not higher, as they were seen crawling through the Red Phazon without any harm, which Samus's scan visor mentioned would kill any unshielded lifeform below index level P.
- However, if the player lets the Lumigek swarms continue wading through the Red Phazon, they will vanish completely before reaching Samus on the other end of the pit.
- The Phazon Leeches, Scorchbugs and Scritters seem to play the same role as the Lumigeks; they are all swarm creatures that can inhabit the insides of Leviathans.
- The unused but implemented Salamander creatures in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption resemble Lumigeks.
|Seeds||Impact Crater • Bryyo Seed • Elysia Seed • Pirate Seed • Leviathan Battleship|
|Biology||Leviathan womb • Leviathan Infant • Leviathan optical organ • Phazon Core • Tentacle|
|Guardians||Metroid Prime • Emperor Ing • Mogenar • Helios • Omega Ridley|
|Inhabitants||Butterflies • Fission Metroid • Lumigek • Missile Blocker • Parasitic fungus • Phazon Leech • Scorchbug • Scritter • Swarmbot • Seed platform • Protozoan • Maggot|
|Technology||Leviathan Command Codes • Wormhole • Leviathan-class capital ship|
|Items||Hyper Ball • Hyper Grapple • Hyper Missile • Force Ball|
|Metroid Prime||Parasite • Scarab • Tallon Crab • Lumigek|
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes||Seedburster • Hydling • Scatterbug • Ing Larva Swarm • Ing Storm|
|Metroid Prime 3: Corruption||Scorchbug • Snatcher • Steamspider • Scritter • Phazon Leech • Miniroid • Crawlmine • Salamander|