The room is superheated because of the magma in it and is the first such room Samus comes across with this quality, if she has not already been to the Magmoor Caverns. It can only be safely accessed after defeating Flaahgra and obtaining the Varia Suit. Even then the magma can only be crossed with the Grapple Beam acquired from the Phazon Mines. Both sides of the room have metal crates, while one end of the room contains a large wall, composed of weakened Bendezium. Samus can use her X-Ray Visor to see behind the wall. If Samus uses a Power Bomb to destroy it, it will crumble to reveal a Power Bomb Expansion, and a Chozo Lore entry. Curiously, even after receiving the Varia Suit, Samus's Threat Assessment will still increase when approaching the room, but will drop down to zero upon entering it.
- Power Bomb Expansion
- See above.
- "This Bendezium wall has many fractures."
- Newborn (NTSC version only)
- "The power of our temple has been enough to halt the spread of the poison on Tallon IV, but that which remains thrives and grows more concentrated, gnawing on itself in the dark passages beneath the planet's surface. Whether it can ever be truly destroyed is not for our eyes to see. But there is something else. We Chozo are drifting, tumbling through space and time as the Great Poison eats away at our sanity. We wake in dreams. As the veil of lunacy descends, as past and future blend and shuffle, one image appears and flickers through the landscape, wraithlike. It is the Hatchling, the Newborn, walking the path of corruption, a lone figure shining in the toxic shadows. She comes dressed for war, and her wrath is terrible. Do our eyes look backward, seeing the Hatchling as she once was? Or does she approach even now, arriving in our race's last hour, a savior clothed in machines crafted long ago by Chozo hands? Poisonous clouds drift across our vision."
- Shining One (PAL version only)
- "The power of our temple has been enough to halt the spread of the poison on Tallon IV, but whether the evil can ever be truly destroyed is not for our eyes to see. The future is cloudy to us; a world of veils where dark apparitions flit in the shadows. Within this strange world, one image stands out in the mist, flickering through the landscape, wraithlike. It is a human, a lone figure shining in the toxic shadows. We Chozo do not know what it is, but our hearts swell with hope at the promise of that glowing light. We will place our faith in our shrine; we will be there when the light shines upon our land."
Hacking of the game has revealed an unused version of the Magma Pool, which, rather than magma, was to contain water polluted by Flaahgra's toxins. This poisonous water would have been populated by a swarm of Chomper Fish. The reason for the change to magma is unknown. In the final game, Chomper Fish do not appear active but are seen frozen in the ice of Phendrana Drifts.
The internal file name of this room is "06_grapplegallery".