The Main Elevator is found in the Main Deck on the Biologic Space Laboratories research station. When Samus first uses the elevator, the SA-X makes its first appearance; it destroys the hatch Samus came through and leaves. The damage causes the elevator to go offline until Adam detects some survivors on the Habitation Deck. The Main Sector of the BOTTLE SHIP in Metroid: Other M also has a Main Elevator connecting to the BOTTLE SHIP's three sectors- the Biosphere, the Cryosphere, and the Pyrosphere.
Partway through the game, the entire station loses power just when Samus has gone halfway up the elevator, trapping her in the middle of the elevator shaft. Fortunately, a nearby weakened wall allows Samus to escape in the direction of the Sub-Zero Containment room. When Samus uses the elevator after restoring power to the station, the tunnel she escaped through seems to have been repaired somehow.
- Main Deck (via Gray Hatch)
- Elevator 1 (via Gray Hatch)
- Elevator 2 (via Gray Hatch)
- Sub-Zero Containment (via Morph Ball passage from stuck elevator)
- In Metroid: Other M, an elevator on the BOTTLE SHIP also stops halfway, trapping Samus. In this situation, the glass of the elevator Samus is trapped in is entirely wiped out with a Power Bomb, and Samus jumps down the exposed shaft.
- The wall that the SA-X came through to this room can be entered for a Missile Tank.