|“||Hey, the CPU seems to have self-destructed... The central system is broken into parts, but... I think I might be able to restore it and recover some of the data. Let's try it.||„|
Maurice was the military engineer of the 07th Platoon who "followed [his] orders precisely". It seemed that he was of French heritage because of his surname and subtle accent. Adam ordered him to investigate the Cryosphere.
In the main observation deck of the Exam Center, Maurice repaired a computer which seemingly "self destructed" and recovered a piece of data: a message revealing the Galactic Federation-sanctioned, yet illegal development of bioweapons, signed by Dr. Madeline Bergman. He recovered more of the data, asking James Pierce to hack into the computer if he could not continue. However, the remaining data was never revealed as the 07th Platoon evacuated the building when Samus engaged active Zebesians, and it was lost when the building exploded some time after that.
Later on, Samus found Maurice dead in the Experiment Floor of the Cryosphere. MB implied that he was shot by an ally, and a flashback showed this event. Noticeably, his visor was open, indicating that he felt comfortable enough to look someone in the eye. This incident is when Samus realizes that there is a traitor in the 07th Platoon.
"Maurice Favreau (Engineer):
<Battle Code Number>
Galactic Federation Acedemy,
Training Base #2
Department of Logistics, Resupply Center #4
Galactic Federation, 07th Platoon
- "Investigating the BOTTLE SHIP under Adam's command after receiving the distress signal."
- After Brug Mass
- "Currently investigating Sector 2 under Adam's command."
- After King Kihunter
- "Currently heading toward the Exam Center in Sector 1 under Adam's command."
- After first Exam Center cutscene
- "Currently restoring the system in the Exam Center under Adam's command."
- After Mystery Creature
- "Currently investigating the BOTTLE SHIP interior under Adam's command."
- "Found dead by Samus in Sector 2."
- In the post-credits sequence, Maurice's corpse was not present. It was possible that the Galactic Federation took his body along with James Pierce's and Lyle Smithsonian's bodies to be given a proper burial.
|Galactic Federation 07th Platoon|
|Members||Commander Adam Malkovich • Anthony Higgs • Lyle Smithsonian • Maurice Favreau • James Pierce/Deleter • K.G. Misawa • Samus Aran|
|Equipment||Freeze Gun • Plasma Gun • Galactic Federation Power Suit • Adam's helmet • Galactic Federation Military Transport Hygieia • Submachine Gun • Assault rifle|