This serves as the MedLab Samus Aran sleeps in during her month-long coma after Dark Samus had corrupted her and the Bounty Hunters on Norion. When Samus awakes, the first thing she sees is a Biohazard scanner that tells her she is corrupted. A Lab Assistant notifies her of the happenings since the Norion attack, and explains the new PED Suit installed in Samus's Varia Suit. After letting Samus test Hypermode, she sends her to Aurora Unit 242.
The room contains the GF Mk VI Biopod, which Samus was treated in during her coma. It also contains a hatch on the floor which lets Hypermode-vulnerable material out into a spherical formation, which allows the testing of Hypermode while in the pod. There is also a Biopod Control Platform from which a Fleet Trooper can monitor said Biopod and watch the testing of Hypermode in the safety of an energy shield. Additionally, on both sides of the MedLab are enclosed spaces with monitors; underneath the northern station are stations with Galactic Federation Phazon and Phazon Enhancement Device files.
- GF Mk VI Biopod
- "GF Mk VI Biopod. Status normal. Unit is used to perform medical procedures of extreme difficulty."
- Biopod Control Platform
- "Biopod Control Platform. Federation medics use this during procedures involving the biopod."
- "Phazon is a substance of extragalactic origin. It is a highly radioactive ore with extreme mutagenic properties. It has certain biological qualities, including the ability to reproduce itself. Exposure to Phazon often affects the brains of sentient beings, causing erratic, destructive behavior. It is also a potent source of energy, surpassing even Fuel Gel in pure output potential. It must be handled carefully, as it can cause “Phazon sickness” if used incorrectly."
- Phazon Enhancement Device
- "The Phazon Enhancement Device is designed to harness the energy of Phazon minerals, originally discovered on Aether, for a new Federation weapon system. It is being tested on GF Marine battalion stationed in the Norion system. Marines can initiate an energy siphon from a supply of Phazon carried in a backpack into their armorsuits. This allows them to temporarily enhance the exoskeleton and weapon systems to their armorsuits. To date, no marines have displayed signs of “Phazon sickness."
- The Female Fleet Trooper in the room has been theorized to be the "Doctor Wells" mentioned in messages over the Olympus intercom by AU 242.
|G.F.S. Olympus Rooms in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|
|Docking Bay 5 • Docking Bay Access • Docking Bay 4 • Security Station • Security Access|
• Command Lift A • Flag Bridge Access • Flag Bridge • Meeting Access • Ready Room •
Lift Access • Command Lift B • Gunnery Station • MedLab Delta • Aurora Access • Aurora Chamber • Port Observation Deck • Xenoresearch Lab • Lab Access • Ventilation Shaft • Disposal Chamber • Repair Bay A • Munitions Storage • Repair Bay Shaft • Save Station B