|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
MercurySteam, also known as Mercury Steam Entertainment, is a video game development studio based in San Sebastián de los Reyes, Spain. Founded by veterans of Rebel Act Studios and Konami, MercurySteam is best known for the Lords of Shadow games in the Castlevania series.
On December 22, 2020, it was announced that Nordisk Games in Copenhagen, Denmark had invested in MercurySteam and acquired 40% of the company. The announcement noted that MercurySteam is currently developing "several new titles". 
On November 30, 2021, Digital Bros., the parent company of 505 Games announced they were collaborating with MercurySteam on an original third-person action RPG, Project Iron (working title), to be released on multiple platforms.
In 2015, it was reported that MercurySteam was actively interested in pitching a new Metroid game to Nintendo. The pitch was unsuccessful, and a year after the story broke, MercurySteam vehemently denied they were working on such a game despite evidence to the contrary.
On June 13, 2017, Metroid: Samus Returns was announced as a co-effort between Nintendo and MercurySteam. The game's producer, Yoshio Sakamoto stated that he had heard MercurySteam was interested in developing a remake of Metroid Fusion, and reached out to them. Samus Returns was built with MercurySteam's proprietary engine, the Mercury Engine.
- ^ https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nordisk-has-acquired-40-of-metroid-samus-returns-studio-mercurysteam/
- ^ Ivan, Tom. "Metroid Dread studio announces new 3rd person fantasy action RPG". Video Games Chronicle. November 30, 2021.
- ^ http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/exclusive_mercurysteam_has_been_working_on_a_metroid_prototype_for_wii_u_and_3ds
- ^ http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-hands-on-a-welcome-upgrade
- ^ MercurySteam (mercurysteam). "The day has come! The new Samus Aran adventure, Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch is finally here! We are excited to share with the world what we have been cooking, taking part in development with Nintendo! The best part is that you can enjoy it this October! With all our love." 15 June 2021 1:29 p.m. Tweet. https://twitter.com/mercurysteam/status/1404853476492984320
- ^ Pablo Manresa Molina (PabloManresa). "Mercurystaff wearing #MetroidDread stuff...? Sure!" 25 November 2021 7:53 a.m. Tweet. https://mobile.twitter.com/PabloManresa/status/1463853292505681920
- ^ David Bolaños Gallardo (dbsoundd). Instagram. October 8, 2021. Retrieved February 26, 2022. https://www.instagram.com/p/CUxWQf-KxYS/
- ^ darin♡ (dariiin_art). "It has been a pleasure to be part of this great project and to work with this team. This experience could not be more exciting!! ¶ Enjoy the game!🤍" Instagram. October 10, 2021. Retrieved February 26, 2022. https://www.instagram.com/p/CU19e5BI2Vs/