The Mine Security Station is a small room with a long, winding path to get to the opposite side, and along the way are multiple metal barriers that block the path and must be shot or moved around. This is where Samus first encounters Wave Troopers. There is a Bendezium structure in the highest part of the room that Samus can destroy with a Power Bomb to clear a Force Field, and open a door to get the Flamethrower.
- Security Access A (via White Door)
- Storage Depot A (via Red Door)
- Security Access B (via Purple Door)
- Wave Troopers
- Mega Turret
- Ice Troopers
- Force Field
- "Force Field active. Access prohibited."
- Bendezium gate
- "Microfractures present in Bendezium blast gate."
- Interface Module
- "Partial security access achieved. Force Field inactive."
- Security bioscan locks
- "Security bioscan locks in place. Locks keyed to Space Pirate life signs only. Access denied."
- The Hall of Combat Mastery in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is similar to the Mine Security Station in that both rooms consist of long winding hallways, have something that can be destroyed with a Power Bomb, and contain destructible barriers blocking pathways.
- The internal filename of this room is "02_mine_shotemup". This likely refers to the battle that takes place here on the first visit.