Navigation Rooms are rooms on the Biologic Space Laboratories research station that allow Samus Aran to receive orders from Adam in Metroid Fusion. These orders are often accompanied with updates to Samus's map that show the location of the room she has to reach. Additionally, each time Samus accesses a Navigation Room in an area she has not visited before, she is provided with a map of the area (excluding any hidden rooms).
One or both hatches of each Navigation Room are often locked to prevent Samus from advancing until she has heard Adam's briefing. These locked hatches also prevent her from returning to previous areas until her objective is completed. Samus can review her current objectives at any time by using a Navigation Room.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A scan in the Map Facility on the Frigate Orpheon refers to the Map Station as a Navigation room: "Ventilation tunnel to Navigation room."
- In Metroid: Other M, Save Stations are called Navigation Booths. They also show Samus where she needs to go next, similar to the Navigation Rooms.
- On the identical American and European Fusion websites, "Navigation Room" is the name of the section that details the BSL's areas.
- Navigation Rooms share their theme with the Pump Control Unit, Data Rooms and Security Rooms.
- In the beta of Fusion, Navigation Rooms originally resembled typical Save/Recharge Stations, with the floating platform of the former. How Samus would have connected with Adam is unknown.
Gallery[edit | edit source]