Needlers move in a straight direction along floors, walls and ceilings, sticking to a surface no matter the angle or orientation. They ignore Samus Aran and do not make any hostile actions against her. However, Samus will be harmed if she jumps or walks into a Needler due to its deadly spines. Therefore, this prickly creature is often regarded as a pest.
Metroid II: Return of Samus manualEdit
- Enemies (p. 23)
- "They move along the walls and the ceilings."
Virtual Console manual Edit
- Enemies (1) (p. 14)
- "This prickly pest moves along walls and crags in caves. Be careful of its spines."
- It is unknown if they became X Parasite hosts, as Samus did not encounter any Needlers in Metroid Fusion.
- Needlers behave identically to Tsumuri and Moheeks, in addition to many other lifeforms on different planets.
- While Needlers do not appear in Metroid: Samus Returns, the Ramulken has been given new behaviors to seemingly replace the Needler. It now crawls along floors, walls, and ceilings just like the Needler, and it can curl into its spiked shell to roll in a way that resembles a Needler.