|This article is written from the Real Life point of view|
Normal Mode is a difficulty mode featured throughout the Metroid series. It is the easiest of three difficulties in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, New Play Control! Metroid Prime, New Play Control! Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes, and Metroid Prime Trilogy, where it is available from the start of the game along with Veteran Mode. Completing either difficulty on the first play through of the game will unlock the Hypermode difficulty (Hard Mode in the New Play Control! versions), which provides an even bigger challenge than Veteran Mode.
In the Nintendo GameCube versions of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Normal Mode was the only difficulty unlocked in the beginning of the game. In the aforementioned Nintendo Wii releases, Veteran Mode is the equivalent of the Normal Mode which appeared in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The new Normal Mode is an even easier difficulty where enemies deal half as much damage and have half as much health than in Veteran Mode.
This easier Normal Mode is the equivalent of the Easy Mode featured in the Japanese version of Metroid Fusion and all versions of Metroid: Zero Mission. These games also feature a Normal Mode, which is harder than Easy Mode but not as difficult as Hard Mode.
On Easy Mode in Zero Mission and Fusion, Samus takes half as much damage from attacks than in Normal Mode. X Parasites in the latter game also grant 5x as much energy and missile ammunition when absorbed, and nearly every boss battle is simplified:
- Arachnus has half as much health and only uses its rolling attack.
- Zazabi always opens its mouth whenever it jumps.
- Serris stops speed boosting in half the amount of time after taking damage.
- B.O.X. has half as much health and takes longer to use its weapons in both encounters.
- Barrier Core-X has no miniature Core-X's protecting it.
- Yakuza rises very slowly when it grabs Samus during its first phase, and it doesn't fire projectiles during its second phase.
- Nettori's buds don't emit spores during its first phase.
- Neo Ridley has half as much health.
- Gadoras never fire any plasma waves.
- Core-X's are invincible for half the amount of time after being struck by a missile.
|Metroid Game Modes|
|Difficulty modes|| Easy/Normal Mode • Veteran Mode • Hard Mode • Hypermode |
Time Attack Mode • Fusion Mode
|Multiplayer Modes|| Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Multiplayer • Multiplayer Mode|
Deathmatch Mode • Bounty Mode • Bounty • Capture • Defender • Nodes • Prime Hunter • Survival • Blast Ball • Rival Radar
Wireless Mission • Challenge • Practice • Local Play • Versus
|Story Modes|| Multi Mission • Single Mission • Adventure Mode • Adventure Mode • Campaign|
Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary • Assault Mission • World of Light
|Miscellaneous|| Adult and Child Modes • Attract mode • Dual Mode • Movies • Progressive Scan Mode • Sleep Mode • Stylus Mode |
Theater Mode • Combat Sim • Shooting Range • Regulator • Survivor • Morph Ball
Classic Mode • Event Match