|This is a featured article.|
Samus Aran received the unofficially-named "Omega Suit" at the end of Metroid Fusion. The suit is not named in the game, the code, or any strategy guides, and does not appear in the Samus Screen; its fan nickname refers to its status as the final Fusion Suit upgrade, received during the battle against the Omega Metroid.
During the events of Fusion, Samus was infected by the X Parasites and much of her Power Suit was surgically removed. She was given a vaccine made from the DNA of the Metroid baby that saved her life. While this meant that Samus was now completely immune to the X Parasites, it also gave her the Metroid's weakness to cold. Because of this weakness, the Adam computer conjectured that the new Fusion Suit would reject the Ice Beam upgrade so the Galactic Federation never tried to create a downloadable version for Samus.
Toward the end of the game, Samus defeated the SA-X, a copy of Samus born from the parts of her Power Suit that was surgically removed after her initial infection. Before she could absorb the Core-X left behind by the SA-X, it escaped. As Samus attempted to return to her Starship, she was attacked by an Omega Metroid in the Docking Bays. She fought back, but could not harm the beast without the Ice Beam. When all seemed lost, the SA-X intervened and attacked the Omega Metroid with its own Ice Beam. However, it was still weak from its earlier battle with Samus and was quickly overpowered.
This time, Samus was able to absorb the SA-X's Core-X, giving her Fusion Suit one final upgrade. This new suit restored her Ice Beam, fully removing her vulnerability to cold and allowing her to withstand the Omega Metroid's attacks. The upgrade changed the Fusion Suit's color scheme to orange-on-yellow, resembling her old Varia Suit. These effects are the results of Samus literally absorbing herself prior to her infection, surgery and vaccination.
In Metroid Dread, Samus's Power Suit is in the process of regenerating its original mechanical form. At the start of Samus's mission to ZDR, the Power Suit is in its Varia Suit form, with its orange color scheme being evocative of the "Omega Suit". It is likely that the "Omega Suit" ultimately evolved into this armor, although Samus's new Varia Suit lacks the cold-resistant properties of the "Omega Suit".
On page 61 of the special edition Metroid Mission Logs art book, concept artwork for Metroid Dread shows Samus with various suit designs using the classic Varia Suit color scheme, with yellow as the suit's secondary color instead of white. The first of these suit designs is one that appears to be an updated version of the "Omega Suit".
- As seen through hacking, the suit is merely a palette gained as a property of the Ice Beam. When equipped without the Varia Suit and Gravity Suit, it retains their benefits, but not their increased damage resistance, and the suit offers no additional damage resistance of its own. It also does not prevent damage from Blue X or getting frozen by the SA-X's Ice Beam. It does grant the ability to harm some enemies with uncharged shots, which was likely added for the Omega Metroid.
- When the suit is acquired, Samus's suit does not flash as it does when the Varia and Gravity Suits are retrieved.
- As a result, it is one of only two suit upgrades that has a completely different animation from the other suit upgrades, the only other being the Phazon Suit (which instead has a completely different animation where Samus twitches slightly before readying her Arm Cannon thanks to the Omega Pirate falling on her).
- Yoshio Sakamoto stated that absorbing the SA-X Core-X restored Samus's original genetic condition but did not fix her damaged suit, explaining why the "Omega Suit" did not recover the original appearance of her original Power Suit and remains in its amputated Fusion Suit state.
- The "Omega Suit" is the only Fusion Suit color scheme that does not appear in Metroid: Samus Returns, where the Fusion Suit is playable on Fusion Mode.
|Hybrids||Asborean • Chozo Statue • Darkling • Dark Samus • Dark Suit • Light Suit • PED Suit • Samus Aran • Omega Suit|
|Biomechanical||Aurora Unit • Security Robot B.O.X. • Cortex Chamber • Dark Diligence Drone • Dark Ingsmasher • Dark Quad • Fusion Suit • Mother Brain • Nightmare • Quadraxis • SA-X • Space Pirate Boarding Pod|
|Cyborgs||Crash Pillar • Cyborg Zebesian (Super) • Ghor (-G) • Kyratian • Leviathan Battleship • Pirate Militia • Preed (Dark) • Puffer Mine • Ridley (Meta/Omega) • Samus Aran • Slench • Space Pirate • Weavel • Zebesian |
Large Leviathan-class armed ship • U-ton
|Samus Aran's Suits|
|Power Suits||Power Suit (Metroid Dread) • Varia Suit (Varia) • Gravity Suit • Zero Suit |
Fully Powered Suit • Justin Bailey • Phazon Suit • Dark Suit • Light Suit
PED Suit • Hazard Shield • Fusion Suit • "Omega Suit" • Metroid Suit • Green Samus
|Attire||Casual Outfit • Military Dress • Civilian Clothes • Parka • Training outfit|
|Mechanics||Power Suit Mechanics • Fusion Suit Mechanics • Zero Suit Mechanics|