Path of Roots is a room in the Torvus Bog area of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. When first entered, Samus is underwater, and her path is obstructed by a strange cage-like structure. There is a tiny space underneath it that the Morph Ball can fit through. Samus then climbs some "stairs" out of the submerged part of the room. From here, she can use a Grapple Point later on to collect a Missile Expansion, scan a Luminoth Lore entry, and leave. A swarm of Hydlings is the only threat to Samus underwater, though the water may increase the danger because of its movement-restricting abilities.
- Hydlings (when entering from Torvus Lagoon)
- "Morphology: Hydlings
Aquatic miniature herd animal.
Targets travel in large swarms. Contact with targets can cause minor damage."
- 3 Shriekbats (when entering from Great Bridge)
- "Morphology: Shriekbat
Territorial flying rodents.
Rapid-flying, explosive enemies. Target and eliminate enemy at range if possible."
- Luminoth Lore (The Ing Attack) (Gamecube version only)
- "The day came when space was torn asunder, revealing dimensional rifts to a dark place. Horrible dark swarms streaked forth from these rifts, engulfing nearby creatures and transforming them into what we would come to call darklings. The dark creatures became our enemies, and peace came to an end on Aether."
- Luminoth Lore (Dark Aether) (Trilogy version only)
- "In time, we created machines to open rifts to our enemy's world. Volunteer scouts went through the rifts and found a twisted world, harsh and poisonous...a Dark Aether. They discovered that this world held the missing half of our planet's energy. They also saw the true face of the enemy, a race we came to call "Ing", meaning terror. Our scouts could not survive long on the surface of Dark Aether, so venomous was its air. Still, we vowed to return. We prepared for war."
- Luminoth Lore Projector (offline)
- "Object scan complete.
Luminoth Lore Projector is offline.
Power cannot be restored to unit."
- Grapple Point (before obtaining Grapple Beam)
- "Object scan complete.
- Analysis indicates a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
- Grapple Beam module missing. Unable to attach to grapple at this time."
- Grapple Point
- "System: Grapple Point
Unit is a viable attach point for the Grapple Beam.
To use the Grapple Beam, use L when the icon appears."
- There is a glitch when going into Morph Ball near the caged area. If Samus enters Morph Ball right at the edge of the cage, the camera will only show a yellow visor-looking item and the arm cannon. The game will then replace this with the Samus model less than a second later.