In Metroid, the room is an unremarkable corridor with a floor engulfed in lava. It is constructed out of purple glass bubbles, with clusters of bubble "stalactites" forming on the ceiling. To cross the room, Samus makes use of multiple midair platforms, also made from glass bubbles, while dodging attacks from enemies.
In Zero Mission, the room's appearance was drastically altered. It no longer contains any lava and is now set in a narrow cave-like environment. More than half of the floor is raised, leaving a tight passage that is infested with Tangle Vines. Several of them can be seen ensnaring Gerutas, a creature that was present in this room in the original Metroid. If the vine is killed before the Geruta is, it will assume its normal behavior until it is destroyed. In addition to living specimens, numerous red vines that appear to be dead and shriveled Tangle Vines are found lining the ceiling and floor. A Kiru Giru carcass is found near the center of the room, indicating it was preyed upon by the vines.
- Blue-bubble shaft (Metroid, via Blue Door)
- "Kiru Giru's room" (via Blue Door in Metroid, Red Hatch in Zero Mission)
- Save Room 5 (Zero Mission, via Blue Door instead of blue-bubble shaft)
- "Broken Statue room" (Zero Mission, via one-way shortcut)
- 150 TACKLE TENTACLES AND DROP TO THE FLOOR (pg. 61)
- "Run left, blasting tentacles with your beam and missiles."