Points bonuses are score surpluses in Metroid Prime: Federation Force. During missions, the Federation Force can earn rewards of between 25 and 200 points for stylish enemy kills, kills using AUX ammo, or other feats. A bonus will appear in the top-right corner of the Heads-Up Display in a purple notification, with the bonus name and amount of points rewarded. Points can also be detracted for various failures, such as if Federation Force soldiers are downed (Mech Down -500), or attacked by a Zurburat (Trapped! -200). Some enemies, including Ice Hoppers, boulders, Zurburats and Metroid larvae, will stop rewarding points after a certain number of them has been killed. When this happens, an icon of that creature will appear on the notification, saying “Limit Reached +0”.
An incomplete list of points bonuses in Federation Force is below.
- +50 points for healing a fellow soldier or mission-critical object, such as the Cargo Tram, with a Repair Capsule.
- +200 points for reviving a fellow soldier when downed.
- Nick of Time
- +100 points for healing oneself when they have at least 3 units of energy.
- +108-240 points for absorbing hits within a Shield Generator.
- +100 for deploying a Shield Generator that activates and shields someone else, or an object.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Charge Shot; can be multiplied.
- +50 points for scoring a headshot.
- +150 points for killing an enemy with a Charge Shot to the head.
- +25 points for damaging an enemy with a Shock Shot; can be earned consecutively.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Shock Shot.
- +25 points for damaging an enemy with a Flame Shot; can be earned consecutively.
- Flame Assist
- +50 points for burning an enemy (but not killing them) while another soldier destroys them.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Flame Shot.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Missile.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Super Missile.
- +200 points for shooting an exposed weak point of a larger enemy, such as the core of the Mainframe.
- +200 points for killing a Zurburat off of an ally.
- +100 points for killing an enemy attacking a fellow soldier.
- +25 points for freezing an enemy.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Freeze Shot. This will only work on smaller enemies, such as Ice Hoppers.
- +25 points for re-freezing a previously frozen enemy, such as a Metroid in stasis in the Laboratory.
- Shatter Assist
- +150 points for freezing an enemy while another soldier destroys them.
- Slow Assist
- +100 points for using the Slow Beam on an enemy while an ally dispatches them. The symbol for this is of Saturn.
- +300 points for killing a frozen enemy with a Charge Shot or Missile, in which case it is rewarded alongside the Exploded bonus. This refers to the classic tactic of dispatching Metroids; freezing them with the Ice Beam and shattering them with a Missile. The icon for this is a snowflake.
- +100 points for killing an enemy with a Proximity Bomb.
- +50 points for every enemy distracted with a Decoy.
- +50 points for every enemy lured by a Decoy.
- +100 points for killing an enemy distracted by a Decoy.
- Distracted Assist
- +50 points for distracting an enemy attacking a fellow player.
- +25 points for using the Scan Bolt on an enemy.
- +50 points for using the Scan Bolt to expose a Cloaked Trooper.
- Architect Safe
- +1000 points for successfully recovering an Architect in M13: Phantom. Can be earned thrice for each Architect.
- Mech Collected
- +1000 points when entering a Mech in M20: Insurrection. Each soldier can earn this bonus if they recover their Mech.
| Targeting Reticule | Threat Assessment | Radar | Map | Energy Meter | Phazon level | "Heart Monitor"|
Translator Module | Screen-Shot Tool | "Low battery warning" Sight Window | Scan Point | Infrared Ray Scope
Charge Meter | Missile Counter | Ammo Gauge | Visor Select | Command Icon | Hover Gauge | Aeion Gauge | Bookmark/Map Pin | Nav point | Points bonus