The room is guarded by four Mega Turrets in the center. There is a small tunnel underneath the hallway which is accessible with Samus's Morph Ball. This allows Samus to roll past the turrets and reach the other side. On the side closest to the Metroid Quarantine A, there is an Interface Module near the door which can be scanned to disable the turrets. Numerous Xenome Containment Units holding remains of what may be Elite Pirates can also be found in here, as well as metal crates.
- "Cryotank failure. Bioform life signs are at flatline."
- Interface Module (If turret is intact)
- "Perimeter Defense Turret >> Disabled"
- Interface Module (If turret is destroyed)
- "Perimeter Defense Turret >> Malfunction"