The RB176 Ferrocrusher is a manually-piloted heavy industrial machine, presumably used by the Galactic Federation for construction and cargo loading. One such machine was in use in the Cryosphere Materials Storehouse on the BOTTLE SHIP.
After Samus discovers a survivor in the Cryosphere Materials Storehouse, an individual wearing a Galactic Federation Power Suit (later called the Deleter by Samus) pilots the Ferrocrusher to attack them.
The Ferrocrusher is a machine designed primarily for industrial purposes, but can be used as a devastating vehicle in combat situations. It initially attacks with high-speed charges and precision-cutter lasers that cause the ground to explode. The Ferrocrusher can also grab Samus with its loading arms, slamming her into a wall and spinning her for heavy damage.
Both the Ferrocrusher's arms must be frozen and then broken off with a Missile. Once Samus destroys both arms, the Ferrocrusher engages several industrial buzzsaws at the front of the machine and begins driving more recklessly. Following this development, Samus must freeze one of the machine's treads - this forces the Ferrocrusher to expose the engine on top in order to regain control. Samus finishes off the Ferrocrusher with an Overblast or a Missile aimed at the engine, critically damaging its frame. If Samus attempts an Overblast but does not fire, she will simply slide off with no damage incurred.
After the Ferrocrusher is seemingly defeated, the vehicle goes on an uncontrollable rampage, crashing into walls and crates and forcing Samus to retreat. Once it stops, the individual seen in the cockpit is missing.
"As you might guess from the coloring, this is an industrial machine... but it ends up attacking Samus anyway. It's covered in tools that may have served less violent purposes originally but are very effective as weapons. The trick to defeating it is to stay calm and freeze its moving parts and then dismantle it with extreme force."
- The RB176 Ferrocrusher's name is a portmanteau of the prefix "ferro-" referring to iron, and "crusher," which indicates the machine's industrial purposes.
- The RB133 Auricrusher in Metroid Prime: Federation Force is a similar enemy in appearance and name. Both of their names refer to ferrum and aurum, the Latin words for iron and gold, respectively.
- The code number RB176 in the Ferrocrusher's name is similar to the star system's code number, FS-176.
- The RB176 Ferrocrusher is absent during the post-credits sequence on the BOTTLE SHIP. It is possible that the Ferrocrusher was extracted for repairs, or outright disposal.
- Considering that Metroid has been admitted to take inspiration from the Alien films, the Ferrocrusher could be an homage to the Power Loader Exoskeleton from Aliens. Both are yellow industrial machines with cage-like cockpits, not designed for but improvised for combat. In both scenes the heroine is protecting a weaker female (in Other M Samus protects MB from the Ferrocrusher, while in Aliens Ripley protects Newt from the Queen Alien). However, in Other M it is an antagonist piloting the machine, not Samus herself.
- "Ferro" is also the name of one of the pilots in Aliens.
- The battle mechanic of destroying the arms of the Ferrocrusher and then attacking the machine itself is somewhat similar to Gorea in Metroid Prime Hunters.