- For the Metroid Prime room known as Reactor Access after the Frigate Orpheon crash, see Reactor Core Entrance.
Reactor Access is a room in the Sanctuary Fortress. It appears in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. It is a fairly large, round room that, upon first entry, features a platform that is being held up by a locking mechanism that can only be seen with the Dark Visor.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
- 1 Rezbit (All visits except during Ingsmasher ambush)
- "Mechanism: Rezbit
- Rogue patrol drone.
- Variable beam cannon and digital virus delivery system makes target very dangerous. Barrier shield and phasing power help protect it from damage."
- 2 Ingsmashers (One time only)
- "Mechanism: Ingsmasher
- Rogue assault drone.
- Mechanoid capable of generating earth-shattering shock waves. Energy shield can be breached with opposite-polarity beam systems."
Scans[edit | edit source]
- Ingsmasher (idle)
- Tactical scan complete.
- Target mechanoid is an inactive combat drone.
- Unit is offline and in power-conservation mode. No command signals are being received. Combat systems offline. Defense grid is not energized. AI does not respond to transmissions."
- Ingsmasher missile launcher
- "Object scan complete.
Unit is an Ingsmasher missile launcher.
Shoulder-mounted combat system. Fires high-yield explosive missiles."
- "Scans indicate presence of a control system.
- Interface method unknown. Control units not present in the visible spectrum or current timespace."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the game's files, the two Ingsmashers in this room are referred to by the names "Ingsmasher Twisp" and "Ingsmasher Catsby". This is a reference to the surreal Penny Arcade characters Twisp and Catsby.