Description[edit | edit source]
The fountain is a dark room, but there are Plazmites that light it up. A "fountain" is found against the far wall, and there is a piece of Chozo Lore to be scanned behind it. The floor is covered in toxic water before Flaahgra has been defeated, so to reach the exits from the Ruined Fountain Access door, Samus must follow the platforms around the right wall and then jump to ledges leading to the two exits.
Connecting rooms[edit | edit source]
- Ruined Fountain Access (via Blue Door)
- Meditation Fountain (via Blue Door)
- Arboretum Access (via Blue Door)
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
- Missile Expansion
- With the Spider Ball and after the Flaahgra battle, moving into the fountain while in Morph Ball launches Samus up to a Spider Ball Track. Following this yields the expansion; it must be taken again to return to the main part of the room.
Scans[edit | edit source]
- "Toxicity levels critical. Contact with contaminated water extremely hazardous."
- Water (purified)
- "Toxicity levels within safety tolerances."
- "Fountain choked by overgrowth. Toxin levels are high."
- Fountain (purified)
- "Fountain cleared of overgrowth. Water free of toxins."
- "No structural weaknesses detected in metalwork."
- Hatchling (NTSC only)
- "Chozo script translated.
As we struggle with the Great Poison, something stirs at the edges of our vision. It is the Hatchling Samus. We feel her, across the void, as she hunts the corrupted. Will our fates again be one? As our pride shatters, will prophecy become real? When all strength wanes from the Chozo, will it be the Hatchling who fulfills our legacy? True sight eludes us, for the Poison gnaws at all vision, leaving seers blind and filled with despair. Truth's blessing may come too late."
- Purification (PAL only)
- "Chozo script translated.
Our sanctuary grows by the day. We Chozo know much of technology, but we do not worship it. Our home here on Tallon IV will be a place of simplicity: structures hewn from the stone, bridges woven with branches, hallways caressed by pure waters. We build around the ancient and noble trees, drawing from their strength and giving them our own in return. All that is wild will flow around us here; our race will just be one more group of creatures in the knit of nature. It is our hope that such a state will bring with it great wisdom and a greater understanding of the nature of the universe."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to the flight pattern of one of the Plazmites and the pattern of the geyser, said Plazmite will usually fly into the geyser and kill itself seconds after Samus enters the room in the Metroid Prime Trilogy version of Prime.
- The room is referred to as the Ruined Spa in Nintendo Power issue 164.