Samus finds a deceased Federation Marine named PFC E. Denys and his personal log here. At the entrance of the room are two tunnels leading downwards. One is blocked by the body of the trooper, the other leads to the bottom of the room. A scan terminal is located forwards of the tunnels and up on a ledge. This terminal controls a Kinetic Orb Cannon that will fire metallic spheres to the ledge.
- 3 War Wasps (only once)
- "Morphology: War Wasp
Cunning aerial hunter.
Airborne insect equipped with a venemous stinger capable of shearing steel. Target can fire blasts of energy at foes."
- PFC E. Denys
- "I'm the only one left. Managed to get out of the hive, but when I got to the ship, everyone was gone... dead. I'm heading for that alien building we saw earlier. Maybe someone can help me there... Wait, something's moving down there. Hello...?"
- "Scans indicate presence of a control system.
Interface method unknown. Control units not present in the visible spectrum or current timespace."
- "Xenotech: Kinetic Orb Cannon
Fires small, spherical objects at high speeds.
Scan interface panel to bring the Cannon online, then enter the hologram to fire."
- Interface Panel
- "Power restored to Kinetic Orb Cannon.
Unit locked in current firing position. Autofire feature enabled."
- * Kinetic Orb Cannon hologram
- "Enter hologram in Morph Ball mode to fire Cannon."
- Storage device
- "Object analysis complete.
This is a storage device.
Most of the materials used to make it are indigenous to Aether. It is sturdy but not indestructible."
* Note: text is center-aligned in scan, unlike the others which are left-aligned.