Sandstone is a type of rock found in Metroid Prime. In the real world, sandstone is a sedimentary rock consisting of quartz sand held together by an adhesive agent such as calcium carbonate or silica. While resistant to natural erosion, it can easily be destroyed by a Charge Beam, Morph Ball Bomb, or Power Bomb. It is found commonly in the Chozo Ruins. It is replaced with Talloric Alloy in the sequels to Prime.
The first vital need for destruction of Sandstone is to access to Flaahgra in the Chozo Ruins.
Official Metroid Prime websiteEdit
kreuger displacement: 54.265
atomic weight: 46.872
vacuum potential: 18.258
"Sandstone is a sedimentary rock consisting usually of quartz sand held together by an adhesive agent such as calcium carbonate or silica. Sandstone stands up well to natural erosion, but it can easily be destroyed by focused energy blasts."
- Ruined Nursery/Arboretum
- "Structural weakness detected in Sandstone block."
- Ruined Shrine
- "Multiple microscopic fractures found throughout Sandstone wall section."
- Energy Core Access
- "Structural weakness detected in Sandstone block's core."
- Gathering Hall
- "Structural weaknesses detected throughout Sandstone wall."
- Watery Hall
- "Unidentifiable obstruction approximately 1 meter wide blocks the hole."
- Burn Dome
- "Structural weaknesses detected throughout wall."
- Lava Lake
- "Stress fractures can be seen all throughout this Sandstone wall."
- Tallon Canyon
- "Stress fractures can be detected throughout the surface of this Sandstone wall."
Sandstone is a sedimentary rock composed mainly of sand-size mineral or rock grains.
|Hazardous||Acid (Beta/Fake) • Acid Rain • Afloraltite • Dark Water • Fire • Fuel Gel • Lava (Fake) • Phazon • Purple liquid|
|Gases||Dark vapor • Industrial-grade pesticide • Meta-viprium gas • Nohadin gas • Noxious gasses • Poison gas • Talvania Gas|
|Destructible|| Barnacle-like material • Bendezium • Brinstone • Cordite • Denzium • Frigidite • Glass • Grobnite • Ice • Maldium • Meltable Metal • Metroid webs • Radion • Sandstone • Talloric Alloy • Vegetation • Zebetite |
Kelbium and Zafrite
|Phazon||Red • Crystal • Black Crystal • Mass • Ore • Elite Nutrient Mix • Strain Vertigo • Phazite (Red) • Concentrated|
|Crystals||Ammolite/Witherite Shards • Black Phazon • Crystallized Fuel Gel • Crystals • Dark Sentinel • Lift • Liftvine • Light • Minerals • Phazon • Red magma • Sentinel|
|Ore||Urthic • Phazon|
|Miscellaneous|| Invisible platform • Jovian steel • Liquid Resource • Liquid solution • Sand |
Vaccine "Metroid" • Waste • Water • Yellow goo • Yellow liquid