The Scarp is a massive deceased bioengineered organism akin to a fish, encountered by Samus Aran while on the Space Pirate Homeworld in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It is found hollowed out in the Scrapvault of Pirate Research. Samus can walk through a hollowed-out area that runs through the creature's corpse.
Being that this appeared to be an experiment, it is unknown whether or not more were made or even what purpose it was created for. Several Phazon growths protrude from its sides, suggesting that the bioform was killed by Phazon poisoning. Its back seems to be flat; this could indicate that the Pirates were in the process of dissecting the creature when Samus arrived, which would explain the hollowed out section as well.
- "Unknown bioform is deceased. Subject appears to be part of a bioengineering experiment."
- The creature is unidentified ingame. Kip Carbone, the designer of Scrapvault, names this creature "Scarp".
- It bears some similarities to the Vorash in Metroid: Other M.
- The Skorp in Metroid II: Return of Samus shares a similar name.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Premiere Edition refers to the scarp as a "dead bioform".
- The creature bears slight resemblance to Clanker from Banjo-Kazooie.
- Textures for the creature show what appear to be teeth.
|Non-hostile||Aurora Unit 217 • Baby • Dachora • Databot • Etecoon • Fleet Admiral Castor Dane • Fleet Mechanic • Pow • Septogg • Tatori • Tatori, Jr. |
Training Drone • Watchdrone • Work Robot
|Hostiles||Aazelion • Airthorn • Autom • Big Metroid • Cannon • GMX-04 Halberd-class turret (if provoked) • Polyp • Proboscum |
Puromi • Ring Beam Unit • Ripper II • Samus Eater (Bud) • Seed platform • Unfreezable Metroid • ZipNMEBomber
|Misc.||Bloatsac • Blueroot Tree (Dark) • Butterflies • Chomper Fish • Durable plantform • Fish • Fungus • Glow Stem • Great Tree |
Massive tentacle • Moth • Parasitic fungus • Protozoan • RedGrass • Sandgrass • Sbug • Scarp • Scatterbug • Tallon fern • Mantha